How to Fix Tata Sky HDCP Error

Abhinav

Editor-in-Chief, DreamDTH News
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
@TOTOS2019 and many other members posted about Tata Sky HDCP error, I have found a workaround for this error.

As of now, The HDCP error is occurring only on Browsers like Chrome and Firefox, If you run the same video on same PC on Microsoft Edge Browser it will run just like any other video normally without any error. So, if you are getting that error then still you can watch it on Microsoft Edge Browser.
I am on version 44.18362.1.0 of Microsoft Edge.

Last edited:
This is the situation from start. Nothing new. Edge has no issue with Netflix/TS live but has issue on most of the web whereas Chrome/firefox has no issue with rest of web but issue with netflix and TS Live. Hope Edge chromium will solve all issue in wole web

This is the situation from start. Nothing new. Edge has no issue with Netflix/TS live but has issue on most of the web whereas Chrome/firefox has no issue with rest of web but issue with netflix and TS Live. Hope Edge chromium will solve all issue in wole web
Okay, thanks for confirming. This post will help those who were looking for any fix as I couldn't find any mentioned anywhere else.

Last edited:
I fixed the issue by replacing my VGA cable with DVI dual link cable. Because VGA carries analog signal and you'll get HDCP error if your monitor is connected with VGA cable.
To fix the issue you need to check if your graphics and monitor is HDCP compliant. If both are then, DVI or HDMI cable will fix the issue.

HDCP is more of a hardware related issue, not software.

According to what I found the HDCP error is occurring only on Browsers like Chrome and Firefox, If you run same video on same PC on Microsoft Edge it will run just like any other video normally without any error.
For now, it may be working but MS is switching it to chromium. So, it's not a permanent solution.

I fixed the issue by replacing my VGA cable with DVI dual link cable. Because VGA carries analog signal and you'll get HDCP error if your monitor is connected with VGA cable.
To fix the issue you need to check if your graphics and monitor is HDCP compliant. If both are then, DVI or HDMI cable will fix the issue.

HDCP is more of a hardware related issue, not software.

For now, it may be working but MS is switching it to chromium. So, it's not a permanent solution.

On laptop everything built in but on chrome still sometimes show this error but edge never. So i am sure it's nor entirely hardware error, Even software conflicts can cause this error

On laptop everything built in but on chrome still sometimes show this error but edge never. So i am sure it's nor entirely hardware error, Even software conflicts can cause this error
It is a encryption technology to save content from rerecording and bring pirated. So both hardware and software plays role. Some cases it is software causing issue where as some cases it is due to outdated hardware.

The fault lies in the graphics driver. My HP laptop used to stream watch.tatasky.com earlier until my Intel HD Graphics driver updated to a newer version which actually had that fault. I rolled back to the earlier version of the Intel HD graphics driver and the problem went away. Even Amazon's primevideo.com used to display the message HD unavailable because your device doesn't have HDCP content protection. Changing my graphics driver fixed my issue.
Well watch.tatasky.com does play in edge even with that dodgy graphics driver but Amazon's primevideo.com still refuses to stream content in HD even on edge browser. Correct graphics driver fixes the issue for once and all. Playback will not be an issue in any of the browsers after fixing your graphics driver.

The fault lies in the graphics driver. My HP laptop used to stream watch.tatasky.com earlier until my Intel HD Graphics driver updated to a newer version which actually had that fault. I rolled back to the earlier version of the Intel HD graphics driver and the problem went away. Even Amazon's primevideo.com used to display the message HD unavailable because your device doesn't have HDCP content protection. Changing my graphics driver fixed my issue.
Well watch.tatasky.com does play in edge even with that dodgy graphics driver but Amazon's primevideo.com still refuses to stream content in HD even on edge browser. Correct graphics driver fixes the issue for once and all. Playback will not be an issue in any of the browsers after fixing your graphics driver.

Thanks. Had the same issue for a long time and had given up. Saw your comment and tinkering with the intel graphics driver solved the issue. Worked for primevideo as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock