How To Reset Satellite Box?

AsitPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a strange problem. I purchased Satellite Box back in Feb 2010. Currently my parents using it and I am using SatDVD 5002U.

Now, How to RESET the Satellite Box?

I forgot the Installation Code (Default was 1234 and I changed to some other four digit no).

Since, I forgot Installation Code, how can I RESET it?

I cant Hide/ UnHide Channel or Check Signal Level.

Your kind help is highly required.

Bro, currently I am out of town. So I cannot help your completely since I don't remember under which menu we can find factory reset.

But I know how to enter into satellite settings without providing the default PIN number. Please check whether this is helpful for you or not.

1. Press Blue button. You will get into Inbox.
2. Press back button. You can see a list of menu.

Usually to get into this Inbox menu, you need enter the default 4 digit PIN. By using the above way, you don't need to give that default 4 digit PIN. Since I don't know the other menus, I am not sure whether you can go to factory reset menu. But I think you can.

Let me know whether this is working or not.

You can refer the 5th point in the 1st post the below thread..

Videocon d2h Troubleshooting Tips for Engineers (Here for all forum users)

Here it is mentioned to get into Installation menu. But for that you need to know the 4 digit PIN. But you can avoid by doing with the PIN using my above steps.

After doing my steps, you can press back button, until you are seeing factory reset menu. I hope this will work for you. :tup

Bro,
This not working.

Pressing BLUE button brings MailBox, then Pressing BACK button brings this menu:

1. Installation
2. Subscription Satus
3. Mailbox
4. Product Data

To RESET my must go to
1. Installation
which requires Installation Password which I forgot.

No bro. In my sey top box I got tv settings within installation menu. I am 100% sure.. what is your set top box model? I will post the snap by Monday night once I reached Chennai...

u can reset the stb by rear side reset button, press it for 2 mints and stb auto restart by default setting..

Vikram said:
u can reset the stb by rear side reset button, press it for 2 mints and stb auto restart by default setting..

This is the good option....

Brother,

BTW Have this option for all STBs??

I seen it in 2222......I am not sure but my old STB 1011 haven't this....

This option is not available in 2011 model if I am correct...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock