Seeking Help How to restrict accidentally Adding channels via remote in airtel Xtreme smart box

• Thread starter Rose
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 4,565

Rose

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have purchased airtel Xtreme box.I moved from Sun Direct.

I bought this for my parents.While navigating channels, they unknowingly add pay channels.
Is there a way to restrict adding channels like password lock or something.

Really appreciate the help.Thanks

Hi All,

I bought this for my parents.While navigating channels, they unknowingly add pay channels.

Sorry to hear this. This best example for One thing which gives Good and Bad experience.

Easy to add channel and very bad for accidentally click on that option.

Only option to drop that channel is via CC / Twitter or WhatsApp. But currently Airtel news rule you have paid for one month so wait for the period.
Then remove or instent remove please use above method. CC, Twitter or WhatsApp and Airtel app.

Password option available but how many channels you going to block yaar.

I guess for adding channels it should ask password or OTP. Otherwise it should be a loss for customers.Also if kids are using the remote, there lies the danger.

I guess for adding channels it should ask password or OTP. Otherwise it should be a loss for customers.Also if kids are using the remote, there lies the danger.
Right.

And airtel is ready to charge for 30 days 😂
Haath phisla paisa kata 😂

Hi All,

Make sure wifi option is off.

Hi All,

Request your parents to be careful and not press ok key while on unsubscribed channels, if they do accidentally tell them to select the cancel option.

Also keep Wi Fi off incase ur parents do not use Apps

Hi All,

Ah, this is an issue. They need to look into it.

Hi All,
I escalated this to airtel Black senior desk and they said that they will take this as feedback and forward to their Development team.

I asked them when can i expect a resolution, for that they replied based on priority.

So i request help of all airtel extreme family members to call customer care and raise this feedback so that we get fast solution.

PS: Airtel a la carte lock period is now 30 days
Thank you all for the support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock