Hrithik Roshan endorses Malayalam film Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Makers of Malayalam film Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan would have never thought of getting an endorsement from the Bollywood actor, who was also an inspiration behind the film’s title. The recently released comedy film follows the struggles of a young man who nurtures the dream of becoming a popular movie star.

Actor Hrithik Roshan has said that he feels honoured after a Malayalam film was named after him. Hrithik’s name has been spelled as Rithwik Roshan in the title. He said that he came to know about the movie after his fans started discussing it on his Twitter timeline.

“I wasn’t aware of this movie till a lot of people on my Twitter timeline started talking about it. I am curious and intrigued. I am being told that it’s done well, so would like to congratulate the makers,” Hrithik said.

“I am honoured. It isn’t everyday that a film is named after an actor,” Hrithik said.

Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan is produced by actor Dileep, who blindsided the media and fans by marrying his long time co-star Kavya Madhavan on Friday. And the comedy film is directed by Nadirshah with actor Vishnu Unnikrishnan in the lead role.

The film has opened to positive reviews from the media and is doing well at the Kerala box office.

According to reports, makers are eager to show the film to the Bollywood star. However, Hrithik is currently busy with promoting his forthcoming film Kaabil.

The theatrical rights of Hrithik’s revenge drama has been acquired by Mohanlal’s home banner Max Lab Cinemas And Entertainments, and Aashirvad Cinemas, owned by the actor’s close friend Antony Perumbavoor.

Mohanlal’s production house has the habit of selecting and buying the distribution rights of the films that are usually set to draw large crowds to the theatres. Earlier this year, Aashirvad Cinemas gave Kabali, starring
Rajinikanth, the biggest release in Kerala.

The Rajinikanth-starrer was released on more than 300 screens and had 1000 plus shows on its day one in Kerala alone. Going by the popularity that Hrithik enjoys and the track record of the production houses that are releasing the film, Kaabil is set to open big across the theatres in the God’s own country.

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...m-film-kattappanayile-rithwik-roshan-4396664/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock