I&B minister Javadekar catches officials coming late, sends them home

• Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 612

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
About 200 employees in the I&B ministry were packed off on a day's casual leave after the minister, Prakash Javadekar, found them lagging in punctuality.

Javadekar went on a surprise check on Monday morning at 9:15 am to find vacant chairs across the four floors of the Shastri Bhavan that the ministry uses.

"The minister usually sits in the environment ministry in the morning and comes to Shastri Bhavan in the afternoon. But on Monday he came to his office in the I&B ministry by 9am. He then decided to check the offices only to find that many employees were missing," a source said.

Sources said the minister asked the "missing employees'' to meet him. "He met almost 200 people in batches of 25-30 and let them off with a warning that they should be more punctual. He then asked them to take a day's casual leave," the source said.

After the minister's inspection, I&B secretary Bimal Julka also spoke to senior officials to emphasize on the need for punctuality among the staff. A circular was also issued to officials warning them that they would be liable for disciplinary action if found to be late again, the sources said.

The Narendra Modi government has been laying emphasis on punctuality so as to serve the people better. Earlier urban development minister Venkaiah Naidu too had conducted a surprise visit on June 13 to find many senior officials missing from their seats.

I&B minister Javadekar catches officials coming late, sends them home - The Times of India

Rather than catching lazy employees... he shud work on open satellite policy... and try to get more international chnls into India. :win

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock