I & B Ministry banned 73 channels, 9 Publications & 24 FM channels in recent years

Nilu334

Contributor
Reaction score
Information and Broadcasting Ministry has cancelled the permission of 24 FM channels, 73 TV channels, and nine newspapers periodicals for violations in recent years. The 73 channels that have been banned include names like -- Just TV, Khaas, Mohua Punjabi, Mahuaa Telugu, Vision Entertainment and Key TV Others like Focus NE, Focus Haryana, STV Haryan and, Lemon TV.

At present, 892 private satellite TV channels are registered in the country. The ministry has also revoked the licences of 24 FM channels of six private broadcasters for violation of provisions of the grant of permission agreement (GOPA) signed by them with the government. The ministry has granted permission to 42 private channels and 196 community radio stations in the country.

The ministry, through the Registrar of Newspapers of India, has cancelled the registration of nine newspapers and periodicals too.

- See more at: http://www.exchange4media.mobi/tv/i--b-ministry-banned-73-channels-9-publications--24-fm-channels-in-recent-years_65588.html#sthash.DYOvwfJ6.dpuf

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock