I&B Ministry pulls up Bindass five times in three years

Reaction score
I&B Ministry pulls up Bindass five times in three years

MUMBAI: Disney UTV’s youth entertainment channel Bindass has faced the maximum flak from the Information and Broadcasting Ministry in the past three years. As per a report released by the ministry, from April 2011 to March 2014 the channel was pulled up five times for its content.

Bindass first received an order on 26 July 2011 for its telecast of the second season of ‘Emotional Atyachaar’ which contained obscene visuals and vulgar language.

The order directed the channel to run an apology scroll for seven days. Within two days, the channel was again pulled up and issued a warning over the airing of its reality show ‘Love Lock Up’ which the ministry found to be indecent. Bindass further received two warnings—one for its reality show ‘Dadagiri – Revenge of the Sexes’ and the other for ‘Meri Toh Lag Gayi Naukari’ for showing vulgar, obscene and indecent content. In 2013, the channel was again pulled up for the third season of its reality show ‘Emotional Atyachaar’ containing obscene content, and was asked to prohibit transmission or retransmission for three days.

Hindi general entertainment channel Colors was also pulled up by the MIB thrice for its content. A warning was issued to the channel for ‘Rishton Se Badi Pratha’ for showing excessive violence and cruelty. It was also issued an order over the telecast of the ‘Axe Shower Gel’ ad which reportedly was obscene and had content that denigrated women. Colors was directed to furnish an undertaking to never air such ads in future. One of Colors’ most controversial reality shows ‘Bigg Boss’ also came under the scanner when an advisory was issued to the channel over the telecast of the show’s seventh season. Among other channels that were pulled up by the ministry more than once include Sony Entertainment Television, Comedy Central, Channel V, SS TV and FTV.

But the harshest decisions taken by the I&B Ministry were towards FTV and Comedy Central when it prohibited transmission or retransmission of the channels for 10 days each for the telecast of ‘Designers in High Definition’, ‘Chantellie Lingrie, Paris’ and ‘Lingerie’ and ‘Anniversary – Top Designers’, the content of which was deemed obscene and denigrating for women (FTV), and for ‘Stand Up Club’ (Comedy Central).

Other channels which were asked to stop transmission due to their content were SS TV (seven days for ‘Sizzling Hits’ and one for ‘Friends with Benefits’) and Manoranjan TV for eight days (seven days for ‘Ek Chatur Naar’ and one for ‘Topless’), ABN Andhra Jyoti for seven days and other channels like Enterr 10, Zing, Mahuaa, AXN, Movies OK, Zoom, Big CBS Love and WB for one day each. Overall, action was taken a total of 74 times against different television channels in the three-year period.

Most of this was in the form of advisory issued 12 times, seven against general entertainment channels and five against news channels. Apart from that, there were reports of violation by GECs 46 times and news channels 16 times.In 16 cases, the channels had to stop transmission or retransmission for a set number of days, and the others included warnings or directives to run apology scrolls.

read more

Re: RE: I&B Ministry pulls up Bindass five times in three years

piinku1 said:
I am yet to find a youth who watches bindass and v.

:D:lol

piinku1 said:
I am yet to find a youth who watches bindass and v.

I dnt know these two r youth channels on which angle...
Both r equal to crap channels...

I used to watch "dadagiri", when it launched.. 1st season.
But after that, I hardly notice bindass chnl in d lineup. :hehe

if you say about "Bindass" this channel is quite good then "V" ,
"V" is totally now a boring channel

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock