I&B tells court Emotional Atyachaar violates programme code

Napster

Reaction score
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has held that certain episodes of the reality show ‘Emotional Atyachaar’, telecast on UTV Bindass, violate various provisions of the Programme Code and are not fit for unrestricted public exhibition.

However the Ministry, which had accepted the recommendation of the Inter-Ministerial Committee in this connection, felt the matter was sub judice and so its final decision would be subject to a petition on the issue pending in the Delhi High Court.

A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Sanjeev Khanna directed that the matter be taken up on 24 August, after taking on record the affidavit filed by the Ministry admitting the programme was unfit for unrestricted pubic exhibition.
The affidavit said I&B Secretary Raghu Menon has personally viewed the episodes and also considered the recommendations of the IMC. The IMC had said the programme offends Rules 6(1)(a), 6(a)(d), 6(1)(k), (6(1)(o), 6(5) and 6(2) f the Programme Code.
Earlier on 4 August, the Court had viewed an episode from the reality show and directed the Ministry to get the other episodes viewed. The episode seen by the Court was about gays and s#x change issue in the presence of counsel for the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, UTV-Bindass TV, and the petitioner Sanjay Tiwari Ujjala of Indraprastha People.
The Inter-Ministerial Committee which viewed the two episodes of 16 and 23 July on 8 August said "the concept of furtively recording the intimate moves, the flirtatious advances as portrayed in the programme with a view to exposing the suspects’ loyalty, appears to offend good taste and decency. The visuals and scenes telecast in the channel during such a process appear in bad taste and indecent. Though the intimate physical scenes have been blurred, the obscenity lurking in the scene is all too obvious."

Read more

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock