I don’t like being called nawab: Saif Ali Khan

Reaction score
Saif Ali Khan was at his wittiest best during a whistlestop promotional tour to Ahmedabad.

Sporting a trendy new hair cut and smart casuals that took years off his actual choronological age, Saif looked like young corporate hi-flier on a day out. He flashed a toothy grin and attibuted his 'young' look to his "hairstylist" who says the actor, "knows what makes me look younger and better. I must praise him for this one," says Saif. He also confessed that he didn't really "like being addressed as Nawab saab" and finds the official title too "formal."

Prod him whether he too, like Aamir Khan, has started taking up the one film a year trend, Saif immediately is on a defensive mode, "Only in 2011 I had one release Aarakshan, otherwise I ensure that I do at least three films in a year."

So what's lined up next for the Nawab saab in 2012? "I've just completed working on Cocktail with director Homi Adajania and will take up the work on a zombie comedy tentatively titled Go Goa Gone with Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK (of Shor In The City fame)."

Saif says working with director Sriram Raghavan has been a good experience. "It was great working again with Sriram after Ek Haseena Thi." He quips, "In real life I respect women, but in my new film I am an agent who can slap a woman!" Now, do we take up the task of connecting dots here with recent slapgate case of this actor? Saif maintains a "no comments" stance to that.

Does Saif make it a point to take up movies of different genres? "Doing different roles and moving out of one's comfort zone is essential for every actor. And I'm much happy doing different characters. It feels good when people remember you for a newer character that you've played." And what's his take on remakes of yesteryear films? "There have been so many good films in the past - hence, remakes with a contemporary touch will make for a good attempt."

(c) TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock