I hate surprises, says Karan Johar

Napster

Registered
Reaction score
It might be uncharacteristic of him, but filmmaker Karan Johar doesn’t have a plan for his 39th birthday today. He says that he will be going to watch a cricket match as superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s guest on his birthday. “Am I expecting a surprise on my birthday? Umm… not at all! I don’t like surprises. I would rather not have a birthday party and enjoy a match,” says the filmmaker promising that he hasn’t planned anything for his birthday. However, sources say that SRK has planned a party for him today. There’s a cake to be cut after the match. But if SRK is not in a good mood, the party will be moved to Mannat (Shah Rukh’s bungalow at Bandra).

Ask Karan about Shah Rukh and he blurts out, “I am scared of Shah Rukh. It’s the same way one is scared of his elder brother. He is senior to me in the industry and he also gets to scolds me when I go wrong. When Shah Rukh is scolding me, silence is the only answer. He is like a guardian to me and somebody who is an integral part of my family. I am best friends with his wife, Gauri too, but Shah Rukh is somebody I am not friends with. It’s got more to do with love and respect you have for your elder brother,” says Karan.

But doesn’t it become a clash of interests that Shah Rukh also has his own production house now?

“Every good friend of mine in the industry has his or her own production house. In fact, that has always been the case. We are into different spaces and we all make movies together. It actually helps us that everybody is in the same field,” he adds.

With rumours of Dostana 2 not taking off anymore doing the rounds, we can’t help but ask Karan why is it that none of his films have had a sequel so far. “I like to tell the story at one go and most of the stories that I have told finish there. If I really get a story which is worth a sequel, I am definitely going to make it. But for that, it has to be a really good story that is worth it,” he says.

dnaindia

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DJ Roy Discussion Which tv shows you hate but others love? TV Shows & Programs 61
DreamDTH.com Article Zee Tamil joins hands with Sid Sriram for the upcoming ‘All Love No Hate’ Concert in Chennai DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
A Hate Story IV | March 2018 Bollywood 14
hike World Digital Premier Hate Story 3 (Snapshots with details) TV Shows & Programs 31
Vivek.d2h Box Office: 'Hate Story 3' takes in Rs 22.6 crore in opening weekend Movies & Music 9
SarfaRaZ HATE STORY 3 to release on December 11, 2015 Bollywood 0
Dileep Kumar ‘Humpty...’ & ‘Hate Story 2’ lead at BO Bollywood 0
tech_genie Digitisation is the way forward on Hate channels problem Digital Cable TV 0
Anurag M Has anyone seen Hate Story yet? Bollywood 2
Karthik love 2 hate u TV Shows & Programs 0
M@zh@R Star World brings digital to TV with ‘Love 2 Hate U’ TV Shows & Programs 0
R some main reason i hate tatasky too much Tata Sky 22
DreamDTH.com Article “It was my dream to say action to Ranbir Kapoor”, says Shakti Mohan on The Love Laugh Live Show Season 2 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article ‘Don’t let your teacher down’ – MTV says it out loud, this Teacher’s Day! DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article MTV says “Be Careful what you take for granted. Freedom Matters” this Independence Day DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Nickelodeon says #YogaSeHiHoga this International Yoga Day DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Nickelodeon says #HomeOkPlease with new brand film DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article News18 India says ‘Lapete Mein Lockdown’ DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Govt has no role in restoration of TV5 and ABN Andhra Jyothi on cable networks, says I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Prasar Bharati assessing resources for converting limited hours DD channels into a 24*7 channel, says I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article No action on cable operators as Tariff Amendment Order 2020 is challenged before several High Courts, says I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Rajpatil98 Television ratings are obsolete, says Star TV India chief TV Channels News 2
DreamDTH.com Article Viacom18 CEO & MD Sudhanshu Vats says free-range parenting could unlock potential for transformational growth DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DJ Roy Indians are watching movies to escape slowing economy, says cinema owner Movies & Music 0
DreamDTH.com Article Service Channels on DTH must have Exclusive Content only, says GTPL DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0