I need help on how to fix the issue with mY STB

Satvijay

Reaction score
I have SCV STB. the channels are perfectly visible during the day. at nite most of the channels gets blurred or i hear click sounds and gets pixelated and not able to watch any channel. my cable operator says it happens because when the signal is high during the nite. This is very promient on HBO . I need a technical explanation of how the signal can be stabilized, does it happen to everyone who are using STB.. is there any solution to this?? any scv using or a STB user please explain. my LCO is not giving any solution ;(

Check the signal strength and signal quality on your STB after referring STB User Guide. The signal input level has to be increased by cable operator by adjusting Gain and Slope knobs on his distribution amplifier.

I had similar issue on my 6 years old Hathway Digital Cable STB which was fixed by replacing 2 X 100uF capacitors near power supply section to the tuner and decoder chip.

Mine is a coship STB.. the user guide does not give any information of the signal quality.. currently signal quality is at 90% which im receiving.

"I had similar issue on my 6 years old Hathway Digital Cable STB which was fixed by replacing 2 X 100uF capacitors near power supply section to the tuner and decoder chip."

You mean to say this was replaced on distribution amplifier or on your STB?

To check signal strength in Coship STB, follow the below steps.

1. Go to the channel in which you face the issue
2. Press Menu
3. Select Installation
4. Enter the PIN as 0000
5. Select Manual Install/Channel Status (I don't remember exactly. But don't select Auto Scan)

You can see the signal strength and quality. :)

Good. Ask you cable operator to increase the signal strength..

or may be what is that you are getting if you dont have any issues with the pciture

strength should b atleast 60 percent and if its 75 percent or more then its excellent

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock