I never wanted to do love stories: Kukunoor

sunveer

Reaction score
Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor's movies are known to portray a gamut of human emotions - a widow's trepidations at the threshold of her leap towards freedom, a young boy's most guarded secret thoughts and even worldly dilemmas that adults face. But this time, the filmmaker has decided to take a leap himself - into the rose-tinted world defined by love. His next film titled Mod will star Ayesha Takia and Rannvijay Singh. Takia has earlier starred in Kukunoor's Dor.

It has been reported that Kukunoor went ahead with the filming of Mod even before the industry and those around him got wind of any development. Talking to IBNLive, Kukunoor says, "I never wanted to do love stories as I always believed there was nothing really new to say in the space, considering we see so many love stories being made every year. But when I saw a Taiwanese film Keeping Watch at AFFF (Asian Festival of 1st Films), where I was a jury, I was amazed. I wanted to take the same premise and set it in India. So I went ahead and bought the rights. I still maintain that every story has been told but it is the way a story is told that matters."

Once the script was ready, the filmmaker admits that he decided to shoot the film in Ooty, far from the madding crowd. Kukunoor adds, "I have always stayed away from attention while making (a) film. But that had got disrupted during my last few films as I was working with big stars like Akshay Kumar and John Abraham, who created media attention. So I decided to go back to my roots and do this film the way I used to. Now, I hope people like this one."
I never wanted to do love stories: Kukunoor

Kukunoor is best known for his films like Hyderabad Blues, Iqbal and Dor.

Source: ibnlive.in.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock