IAF demands four changes in ‘Mausam’

• Thread starter M@zh@R
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 676

M@zh@R

Reaction score
vor0r8.jpg

The Indian Air Force has objected to some scenes in Shahid Kapoor-starrer Mausam slated for release next week.

After watching the film on September 6, IAF officials demanded four changes before the censor board clears it.

Deletion of a scene of distress landing of an aircraft and replacing it with normal landing is one of the changes demanded by the IAF. In a letter to the production firm, Cinergy Productions , the IAF said, While emergencies are a normal part of a pilot's life, portrayal of the same in the manner that has been done could result in wrong perception in the eyes of the viewing public regarding flight safety image of the IAF. It has also asked that the tail number of Mirage 2000 aircraft be removed and emergency-landing shots deleted.

Wing Commander Sanjeev Verma told TOI, We have asked them to make certain changes. He added that the headquarters would not object to Mausam's release if the changes were made.

An industry source said, The assistant chief of the air staff, director, operations and joint director , operations, attended the screening. None objected then.

IAF and the film's producers had signed an MoU before the film went on floor. Producer Sheetal Talwar said IAF approved the screen. They want me to delete about nine minutes, I can't do it. We have sent a copy of the script that they approved a year before the film went on floor.

Censor board CEO P Thakur told TOI, Mausam's application came to us on September 7. The earliest slot available is on September 12. On IAF's stand, she said, The board has nothing to do with it. We will certify the film according to our rules.
Souce:Times Of India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock