• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Discussion If its all about competition why doesn't Digital Cable providers offer online channel selection like DTH does ?

happy_penguin

Registered
Reaction score
I am using GTPL KCBPL & if I want to add or remove a channel I have to talk to my LCO.
I have never used DTH myself but I have read quite a number of times in this forum that
users of DTH can add/remove channels easily using their web browsers.

So if its all about competition why doesn't Digital Cable providers offer online channel selection like DTH does ?
Don't you think that will make Digital Cable more attractive ?

I don't have the link at the moment but I once tried to register myself to GTPL KCBPL's online portal but after
entering all the fields all I got was something similar to "Invalid STB no. & Mobile no."

DJ Roy

Contributor
Reaction score
Your provider has online selection available.

Last edited:

happy_penguin

Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered asking them?
I had taken some 15 pay channels. I asked my LCO to drop all channels leaving Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD. This was 45 days ago. He still hasn't processed my request. Talking to my LCO is like talking to a brick wall. You really think he will entertain such questions?

By the way despite the fact that he hasn't canceled the unwanted channels I am still going to pay him the reduced tariff. If he disagrees I will leave the connection.

DJ Roy

Contributor
Reaction score
I had taken some 15 pay channels. I asked my LCO to drop all channels leaving Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD. This was 45 days ago. He still hasn't processed my request. Talking to my LCO is like talking to a brick wall. You really think he will entertain such questions?

By the way despite the fact that he hasn't canceled the unwanted channels I am still going to pay him the reduced tariff. If he disagrees I will leave the connection.
You can atleast visit and learn how to add/drop channels via the website.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
happy_penguin Discussion Do you think DTH a Digital Cable is losing the competition to OTT platforms ? General DTH News & Discussions 3
DreamDTH.com Article CNBC-TV18 in association with HUL, invites top B-schools for 12th edition of prestigious competition L.I.M.E DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article d2h in collaboration with Songdew launches Singing Star competition DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Amit1079 DDF Exclusive d2h singing star competition by d2h d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 6
S Zee café announces a competition with a new logo TV Channels News 0
Thakur 9XM to stick to original strategy despite new competition TV Channels News 0
Thakur Competition regulator okays Goldman Sachs stake purchase in Den Networks DEN Networks 0
Thakur DTH to benefit, Reliance Jio to intensify competition in DAS Phase III: Edelweiss General DTH News & Discussions 1
Thakur Mahesh Babu Gives Tough Competition To Aamir Khan Tata Sky 11
acmedigitals very tight sales competition in kerala General DTH News & Discussions 25
Dileep Kumar Discovery Turbo to launch competition reality series ‘Top Hooker’ TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar We are not in competition with Star, Zee or any other channel: Priyanka Dutta TV Channels News 0
JitendraKumar Zee Marathi-WTP Fandry sweeps competition away TV Channels News 0
SarfaRaZ Small Screen Offering Big Competition for Telugu Tv channels TV Channels News 1
Bapun Raz Zing: Grooving ahead of competition TV Channels News 1
Bapun Raz Pepsi IPL 2013 rocks the competition!! TV Channels News 0
Bapun Raz Zee Café: Competition. What competition ? TV Channels News 0
Bapun Raz Mastiii: Competition fading out TV Channels News 7
Kamlesh Barjati GEC battle: Sony, Colors, Zee heat up competition for 2nd spot TV Channels News 0
Biswajit.HD Star gold : Beats competition 10 weeks in a row! TV Channels News 0
Biswajit.HD Indian project shortlisted for BBC World Challenge Competition TV Channels News 0
Bapun Raz Cable MSOs show financial strength despite concerted competition Digital Cable TV 0
Napster No Competition Act violation by Sun Direct TV: CCI General DTH News & Discussions 1
Bapun Raz No Competition Act violation by Sun Direct TV: CCI Sun Direct 0
Napster DTH game goes for more frills in hot competition General DTH News & Discussions 0