Discussion If its all about competition why doesn't Digital Cable providers offer online channel selection like DTH does ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
I am using GTPL KCBPL & if I want to add or remove a channel I have to talk to my LCO.
I have never used DTH myself but I have read quite a number of times in this forum that
users of DTH can add/remove channels easily using their web browsers.

So if its all about competition why doesn't Digital Cable providers offer online channel selection like DTH does ?
Don't you think that will make Digital Cable more attractive ?

I don't have the link at the moment but I once tried to register myself to GTPL KCBPL's online portal but after
entering all the fields all I got was something similar to "Invalid STB no. & Mobile no."

Have you considered asking them?

I had taken some 15 pay channels. I asked my LCO to drop all channels leaving Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD. This was 45 days ago. He still hasn't processed my request. Talking to my LCO is like talking to a brick wall. You really think he will entertain such questions?

By the way despite the fact that he hasn't canceled the unwanted channels I am still going to pay him the reduced tariff. If he disagrees I will leave the connection.

I had taken some 15 pay channels. I asked my LCO to drop all channels leaving Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD. This was 45 days ago. He still hasn't processed my request. Talking to my LCO is like talking to a brick wall. You really think he will entertain such questions?

By the way despite the fact that he hasn't canceled the unwanted channels I am still going to pay him the reduced tariff. If he disagrees I will leave the connection.
You can atleast visit and learn how to add/drop channels via the website.

You can atleast visit and learn how to add/drop channels via the website.

Both the STB No. & Mobile no. are correct.

BEdeDhU.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock