Seeking Help I'm planning to upgrade to Tata Play Binge+ STB from HD STB

rikininetysix

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, actually I'm planning to upgrade to Tata Play Binge+ STB from my HD STB, could you guys please help me clear out two questions that I have on the topic.

First is whether I can use Disney+ hotstar without the Binge subscription or not.

Second is whether discovery+ is available on binge plus or can it be side loaded by any means?

Solution
1. We can use Disney plus hotstar without Binge subscription.

2. Yeah we can download through Google Play Store
bZ0bnuP.jpg
Don't buy. Rent the firestick instead. For ₹299 you get Firestick + all major OTTs excluding Netflix and Discovery+. Here you are getting a superior hardware. Binge box is plain bad. Voot is stuck at loading screen since I dropped the Binge pack. Also the box randomly wants remote pairing and restarts automatically sometimes. Even free storage is less around 2.50 GB. Go for alternatives. Box is not worth getting. Only plus point is cloud recording which is not supported on most channels.

Don't buy. Rent the firestick instead. For ₹299 you get Firestick + all major OTTs excluding Netflix and Discovery+. Here you are getting a superior hardware. Binge box is plain bad. Voot is stuck at loading screen since I dropped the Binge pack. Also the box randomly wants remote pairing and restarts automatically sometimes. Even free storage is less around 2.50 GB. Go for alternatives. Box is not worth getting. Only plus point is cloud recording which is not supported on most channels.
Thanks brother, actually I already have a firestick & want to move to binge + STB, for the TV via internet option during rainy season.

Another thing just clicked my mind is that, can we view every channel via internet when there is rain or only those channels which are available on the Tata Play app?

Let me get this straight.
Everyone that opts for buying Binge are usually expecting to watch Live Channels + OTT apps together. I dont see a point in recommending FireStick Right away without knowing his intention. In this same site ive seen the blunder and rant of a guy that rented firestick expecting to watch live channels too after some recommendation.
FireStick is Faster undoubtedly. But you cant watch Live Channels
Binge+ is super slow, especially at the Boot for 1min. But its browsable after it. You can plan it if you dont have any other source to install apps. Like if you own a OLD CRT tv or LCD tv with no installing apps feature. But old people dont care about anything as long as their TV channels are on which is the main reason why most of us Still have Live channels connection.

Don't buy binge box for old people. If you need linear tv. Get normal set top box. What's the point of investing in laggy expensive hardware when you need an active DTH plan to run it?

It's like paying ₹153 as rent if you don't use set top box but need smart features like free YouTube, paid Netflix, etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock