Images don't have any meaning for me: Imran

sunveer

Reaction score
There have been many tongues wagging recently, all about how Imran Khan has finally ditched his chocolate boy image and draped the cloak of a rockstar - a week's stubble firm on the cheek and sporting an eye-patch in his upcoming film Delhi Belly. The nation has discussed, debated and hailed his all new avatar and his wild side in the notorious Bhaag D K Bose song. But nothing much has changed, on the personal front, claims the 28-year-old actor.

Ask him what his wife Avantika has to say about his new look in Delhi Belly, and his response comes barely audible over the din around us, "Yes, the image has been talked about a lot. For me, it's just about putting on a costume and filming the part and going home. Images don't have any meaning for me and I just did what the director asked of me"

Like for most of Maamu Jaan Aamir Khan's productions, the cast of Delhi Belly have been sent hurtling into a whirlwind of innumerable marketing and promotional activities. The actor along with his co-stars were event sent to launch special Delhi Belly T-shirts in the suburbs of Mumbai. Ask Imran if he misses going home on time or even feeling tired with all the ongoing activities around the film, and he nonchalantly quips, "What to do...That's how it is..."
Images don't have any meaning for me: Imran

Delhi Belly, time and again Aamir has reiterated is a film that has been made keeping a certain audience in mind, and now Imran feels that with the film's music topping charts across the country, half the work of spreading word about the movie is already done. With tracks like Bhaag D K Bose and Switty Tera Pyaar taking up an anthem-like status across clubs and discos, Imran points out, "Indian films are mostly promoted on the strength of their music. If the music does well, it gets a major push. In Delhi Belly, the songs have a humorous touch to them. We have tried to show the film to people through its music. If people have liked the music, chances are that they will like the film as well."

Having done films like Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, I Hate Luv Storys and Break Ke Baad, with Delhi Belly, Imran is now ready to shrug off the clean image he has developed in Bollywood.

Source: ibnlive.in.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock