Imagine TV fiction head Saurabh Tewari quits; to start own production firm with BAG F

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 2,069

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Indiantelevision.com Team

(29 September 2011 11:01 am)

MUMBAI: Saurabh Tewari, Imagine TV’s head of programming – fiction, has quit. He is now starting his own TV and film production company to create and deliver popular, high-quality programming to consumers globally.

Tewari’s new venture, Nautanki Films, is backed by BAG Films & Media, which has acquired substantial stake in the company.

Tewari had joined Imagine TV, the Hindi general entertainment channel from Turner General Entertainment Networks stable, a year ago. He has experience of over a decade in the media and entertainment industry.

Prior to Imagine TV, he was associate vice president and creative director at Colors and played a pivotal role in the launch and subsequent success of the channel.

He was the brain behind unconventional shows like Gunahon Ka Devta, Chandragupt Maurya, Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo, Preeto, Dwarkadheesh (Imagine TV) and Uttaran, Balika Vadhu, Laagi Tujhse Lagan, Bhagyavidhata (Colors).

Tewari said, "Nautanki Films is a long awaited and great opportunity and the company has serious plans to create innovative yet mass content. Being a story teller, I have always thought of venturing into something where my expertise can come in handy and with the new company in place, Abhinav (Shukla, BAG Films and media) and I would put forward our best effort to live up-to the expectation.”

A Bachelor of Arts from Lucknow University, Tewari began his career directing ad films. Since then he worked with a variety of television production houses, primarily as a writer. In 2006, he moved to Zee Telefilms as assistant vice-president of programming for Zee TV and in late 2007, he moved to Viacom18 as a part of the start-up team for the launch of Colors.

BAG Films and media CMD Anurradha Prasad said, “BAG Films have always thrived to create quality content and this is our another step towards it. I congratulate Saurabh and Abhinav on this new venture. Saurabh's creative talent, coupled with Abhinav's strategy planning will surely take Nautanki Films to greater heights.”

Nautanki Films will be focusing primarily on developing its business in film and television production. It already has two film projects set to go on floors early next year.

Shukla added,, "Nautanki Films would be another effort to establish a strong contender in the market, which would deliver interesting content in TV and Films both. In last few years, TV and film viewership has changed and audience have accepted new approach of programming. And, we hope that with new initiative we can also bring a difference and make a mark in the Industry. Partnering with Saurabh is the strategic move as he knows the pulse of the Indian audience."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock