Discussion Importance of Indian languages in Dubbing Disney Movies/Series

Stop appeasing just Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada viewers. What wrong did Assamese, Bengali, Marathi, Bhojpuri etc. viewers did to these studios? Don't say they gotta make money and profit. That is utter nonsense. People all over India buys subscription to OTTs and buys tickets to watch movies on theatre. On top of that Telugu movies are acquired for 100s of crores. But you won't find one Assamese movie on Hotstar.

Over the years national TV channels just gave space to South Indian movies. I have never seen any dubbed Bengali or a Bhojpuri movie. Even a very popular Marathi movie Sairat which has multiple remakes didn't got aired nor did got dubbed in Hindi. Meanwhile you got scene by scene remakes of movies like Kabir Singh, Arjun Reddy, Aditya Verma etc. across channels.

#LookPastSouth #ShowAllofIndia #NotJustSouth
I agree with you and I think that in future they may do Dubbing in Marathi, Bengali, Odia and also in Punjabi and about gujrati I will not say anything, Assamese people also deserve entertainment in their language but it's really difficult as of now I think but I really think that assamese people get entertainment in their mothertongue also Gujarati & all others

Never seen any Marathi movie on Star Gold, Zee Cinema, SET Max etc. Don't have much idea about the stars. If they had pushed it. Sure we would enjoy Marathi movie across the country. Every industry deserves equal treatment. Sure we are familiar with Allu Arjun, Mahesh Babu, Vijay etc. But who are the current Marathi stars?
Gashmeer, Ankush Lalit, Swapnil, Subodh & many more but they are not much popular outside Maharashtra after pan Indian release others may come to know about them.
Marathi actors are down to earth & here content & acting is important, Stardom is not much supported just like malayalam movies

For the past few years disney movies had been loaded with feminist propaganda craps which were terrible to watch and they are in the process of equaling men and women in all aspects. These craps may well work in the united states of delusion but not in India.

I knew it. Movies like Aladdin was a feminist propaganda crap. We all know jeanies are just women in a bikini. We all have watched I Dream of a Jeanie. Why would they replace them with Will Smith? He is a male made to play jeanie. He is not even wearing a bikini.

In Marathi industry changes are seen, hindi films getting failed in MH, upcoming Marathi movies to have Pan indian release which may open doors for dubbing other language movies in Marathi waiting for that day.
Ok we can include Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, etc..
But, are they considering you too??
Disney+ Hotstar team was not even considering South Indians also.

Atlast, we got the point that This team tries to imply Hindi is the Only language in India to dub Hollywood movies, is it??

Shame on you, Disney+ Hotstar and Walt Disney Studios India Company.🙏💔

(I too consider Marathi Bengali Punjabi people ❤️❤️. But this is fate 🤦)

Ok we can include Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, etc..
But, are they considering you too??
Disney+ Hotstar team was not even considering South Indians also.

Atlast, we got the point that This team tries to imply Hindi is the Only language in India to dub Hollywood movies, is it??

Shame on you, Disney+ Hotstar and Walt Disney Studios India Company.🙏💔

(I too consider Marathi Bengali Punjabi people ❤️❤️. But this is fate 🤦)
You can start watching Sony Liv and Discovery+. They try to dub to as many languages as they can. Disney+ needs to realise we are a country within a country. We have diverse people with diverse cultures and languages.

You can start watching Sony Liv and Discovery+. They try to dub to as many languages as they can. Disney+ needs to realise we are a country within a country. We have diverse people with diverse cultures and languages.
Brother, we're even watching Movies/series from Sony LIV, discovery+, aha, zee5, Sun NXT, in our languages. Very glad to see that .

But, this is Disney.... Childhood memories and magic (okay I think I'm too cheesey) We love to watch in our languages, but I think we can't directly communicate/complain with admins handling that.

Do you Anyone know how to contact them ??
If you know, have you given a try??

Brother, we're even watching Movies/series from Sony LIV, discovery+, aha, zee5, Sun NXT, in our languages. Very glad to see that .

But, this is Disney.... Childhood memories and magic (okay I think I'm too cheesey) We love to watch in our languages, but I think we can't directly communicate/complain with admins handling that.

Do you Anyone know how to contact them ??
If you know, have you given a try??
Reach out to their social media handles. Ask friends and family to do same. Say that you would like to cancel yours subscription. They will sure take your feedbacks seriously. I requested to add Wizards of the Waverly Place. They added within a month.

Disney's Strange World.
This film should be done with nice promotions, but also need to be dubbed in Indian languages. (not only Hindi💯)

Recently Disney+ Hotstar team focus only on this language. Not even a single bit on other Regional languages.

You all know the importance of unity in diversity in India. Then why there is huge imposition of Hindi alone in every media masses?

For example, Disney's Pinocchio, Star Wars' AndOr, 20th Century Studios' Prey are recently released ones, but dubbed only in Hindi. So you think this is right for everyone?

You may answer it as majority of Indian audience speak Hindi and that's why we made like this. But practically, this is utter selfish practice of promoting films, not even considering South Indian audience.

Disney's Willow only in Hindi
Snowdrop in hindi
King's Man in Hindi
The Mandalorian in Hindi
Death on the Nile in Hindi
Andor in Hindi

Never ever forget this point that we're also Indians needed in our languages (Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada)

Disney+Hotstar does provide host of content in various regional languages so i tend to completely disagree with ur point that Hindi is being given more importance. Also all of the content cannot be made available in all regional languages, there r many films which are not dubbed in Hindi too. You can even see that films like Face/Off, The Transporter, Speed Franchise and many others r not available in Hindi

However on a regular basis studios or companies take a call to get movies dubbed in various languages, recently star/disney dubbed The Transporter in Hindi and aired it on UTV Action . You can share ur feedback with them and they will surely evaluate the options.

Disney+Hotstar as well as Star/Disney is providing huge catalogue of regional content across genres hence they r surely catering to all viewers in an equal manner, there is no bias or ignorance for any language.

Disney+Hotstar as well as Star/Disney is providing huge catalogue of regional content across genres hence they r surely catering to all viewers in an equal manner, there is no bias or ignorance for any language.
Any Assamese content available?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock