Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

My first Tata Sky connection was activated on 7th April 2015, it was an SD box with Dhamaal Mix pack for total Rs 1,250. Upgraded to HD after NTO. Been a happy customer for more than 6 years with a very few issues in between that were all resolved. Prior to that we had GTPL cable connection.

In 1997, we have a black and white TV back then.
We used to get cable connection in summer vacation. Evening and morning cartoons were fun.

Just checked that cartoon network was launched in 1995 in india, but I don't think that we have Cartoon Network before 2000 (maybe because of cable operator).

Shifted to DEN and DD Free Dish (had 2 TVs) after digitalization forced us too, and left DEN and move on to Airtel after NTO. After one year of NTO not even recharged AIRTEL stb too.

Last edited:
Did they air 32 different movies at a time? What was the cost?
I have not used that dth
But From the ad

DwQ8dIY.jpg

Did they air 32 different movies at a time? What was the cost?
Yes they used to telecast 32 movies in different genre and languages. Each movie cost 50 rupees a day. Good thing was that if subscribed to one movie you can watch it whole day till midnight. It's same like cinema hall I've watched many movies at that time.

Yes they used to telecast 32 movies in different genre and languages. Each movie cost 50 rupees a day. Good thing was that if subscribed to one movie you can watch it whole day till midnight. It's same like cinema hall I've watched many movies at that time.
Were those newly released movies? Or just random movies. Can you name one movie you watched on the service?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock