Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

We got first tv in 1984" Dyanora tv" used with analougue

from 1999 with 2nd cable connection getting 6 channels only (Zeetv, Sony tv, sports channel, music Asia etc other names forgotten, 1 WWE telecasting channel may b Sony only can't remember exact name)

Got first cable connection in 90s( between 1992 to 1995,) Cable wala daily movies on cable
Channels that time were BBC news, Star GEC English channel, Zee TV, MTV, ATN,
Many channels forgot name

1st dth connection Dishtv Zenega box silver colour in 2009 (now my parents using nw as dishtv st2)

2nd dth connection d2h in 2011

Last edited:
Before there was big dish ,don't know about that year,it had lot of channels,all channels were getting free sunnetwork,etv network etc.
After this channels becamed pay ,in the same time lighting hited that dish and it was damaged

After brought
Sundirect in year 2008 .
Now it have improved lot compared to 2008

Last edited:
We got our 1st cable connection in 2001. At that time we had B&W TV with shutter from both side. At that time hardly 15-20channels were there.

Then back in 2014 We shifted to airtel DTH.

And then from 2021 august , completely shifted to OTT model from DTH. Currently using no cable or dth service.

Till 1999 i was having small portable black n white TV with only 2 channels DD1 and DD2 in 1999 my father bought LG golden eye 21 inch colour TV with connection cable TV that time only 70 to 80 channels in 2008 we connected Tata sky after 1 year we disconnected and went to local cable again in 2010 stb started cable wala connected Hathway stb till 2016 after that I went to airtel dth. In 2014 I sold my LG 21 inch TV any bought Samsung led TV. Very great journey of mine last year I upgraded my HD stb to xstreame stb.

Last edited:
Before there was big dish ,don't know about that year,it had lot of channels,all channels were getting free sunnetwork,etv network etc.
After this channels becamed pay ,in the same time lighting hited that dish and it was damaged

After brought
Sundirect in year 2008 .
Now it have improved lot compared to 2008
Big dish was using local cable operators bro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock