Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

I got my first cable connection in 2008 and it was DEN cable. Later shifted to TCCL in 2013. Used TCCL cable connection for 7 years and finally got my first DTH connection last year in November and the DTH is Airtel.

My grandparents used DEN cable first, later they shifted to Videocon D2h in 2013. They used D2h connection for 5 years till 2015. Later, they shifted to Sun Direct in 2018. And finally, they have landed upon Tatasky this year in July.

We had our first cable connection in between 1991-1992 (When Zee TV was launched)

Then my father bought own 6ft. dish in 1993-1994. We were watching
Star Sports,
Channel V,
EL TV (later became Zee India TV & then Zee News),
Zee TV,
Star Plus,
Zee Cinema(later became paid channel),
PTV (Pakistani govt. channel),
Star Movies (later became paid channel)

I remember in late 90' another Pakistani private channel Indus TV was launched.
Also one channel UTN was launched from Zee, Apart from that other channels like Alpha TV Punjabi, Alpaha TV Bangali, Sahara TV were launched on the same platform

Then within a year or two he bought the second 6ft dish after launching of Sony TV, I guess (Between 1995-1996), He setup 2 LNBs on a dish.
From 1st LNB We were watching
Sony TV,
SET MAX (launched around 1999),
Cartoon Network/TNT (After 8.00pm),
CNN,
MTV.
And from 2nd LNB we were watching
DD Movie Club channel (later became DD Sports),
HOME TV,
Music ASIA.

Some where around 2001-2002, we moved the the cable connection after almost all channel turned digital and paid channels.
In 2012 -2013 we have bought the first set-top box of GTPL (After government compulsion)
In 2020 I have bought my first DTH connection Tata SKY HD, Still using it....

Last edited:
January 1, 2020. Switched from Hathway Cable Network to TATASKY. Service became bad to worse to worst in my area. No proper response and poor customer support. I still have Hathway HD STB with me. Hathway had lots of channels, but I am happy with TATA PLAY. At least Service is prompt and good. I just enjoy and pay my bills on time.😊😊😊

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock