Discussion In which year did you got your first DTH/Cable connections?

I remember, My uncle installed a huge mesh dish way back in 1995/96 on top of our house and we used to watch only ETV apart from DD Saptagiri and DD National.

Later moved on to Siti Cable connection in 1998/99.

Then to Dish TV in 2009 and in 2015 bought Sun Direct for additional TV.

In 2020, threw both DishTV and Sun Direct and moved to Tata Sky/Play.

Our parent's first used to watch TV way back in 1982. Black and white TV. Colour TV came in 1991. I started using DTH from 2007.

Let's discuss on which year we got our first DTH/Cable connection.

Q1: How is the experience today as compared to back than?

Q2: For cable users only. In which year did you switch from analogue to digital cable?
First Cable Connection: Adishakti Cable Connection provided my society itself. Everyone had a connection (like today's MDU units) Only Hindi and Marathi Channels. Watched Star Plus at 10 July 2008.

Then shifted to First DTH Connection Sun Direct on 30 August 2008. Sun TV and other South Indian Channels were there. Upgraded to Sun Direct HD in 2017 and difference was little, but worse. Our 4K TV didn't like the SD Channels.

Society made us shift our DTH mandatorily for everyone to Tata Sky. Best decision they have made. Best picture quality and excellent services.

Looking back, I didn't understand what I was watching when I had Tata Sky all the time 😁

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock