India tour of Bangladesh 2022 will be telecast on Sony Sports

So a series against a awful Bangladesh is one not to miss not against a strong NZ team. If Sony were serious they should have paid and bought the NZ rights instead of this series against Bangladesh
Bro you are partially right but india vs nz series is all about limited over matches no test matches which is important for wtc point accumulation but bangladesh vs India series 2 test match include which also part of wtc hence sony go importance wise

Why sony has to go for all the rights , what other broadcasters doing here. Unless Sony got rights for Ban series , no other broadcaster would go for this series.

Might be Amazon too arrogant in giving rights to other broadcaster caused the issue here. Unless one has tv license, the cricket board should not give the rights.
So you are saying if a TV broadcaster quotes NZC less amount than Prime just coz Prime doesnt have TV channel NZC should accept a bid that is loss for them?

Bro you are partially right but india vs nz series is all about limited over matches no test matches which is important for wtc point accumulation but bangladesh vs India series 2 test match include which also part of wtc hence sony go importance wise
Even if 2 tests are there NZ series is more important. Other than England rights Sony has been getting the rights which the big 2 Star and Sports18 dont want. Nobody wanted Zimbabwe rights Sony took it now same with the case of Bangladesh. We all know Star doesnt go for Pakistan and Sri Lanka rights I dont expect Sports18 to go for that either. Seems like Star is just interested in showing those matches which are not wanted by Sports18 and Star. They are struggling to cope up with the money power of the other 2.

End of the day, the match has to reach all the people irrespective of whoever making the profit. Like this block out won't help cricket growth in india

End of the day, the match has to reach all the people irrespective of whoever making the profit. Like this block out won't help cricket growth in india
If it was other sports I agree with you but cricket certainly is already in all parts of the country dont think there is no need for more growth in cricket otherwise like Star it will start eating into other sports in the country. Good that for a change FIFA World Cup will be on TV while cricket is only on OTT. Might increase the number of people watching football.

I think with cricket only on Prime might actually help the other sports to grow. All those hardcore cricket fans will take prime subscription help OTT growth and those who are just interested to watch any sport might try and watch some other sports for a change whill will be good for other sports too.

So I think on the whole with Prime keeping cricket exclusive to OTT will benefit other sports and OTT industry too

So a series against a awful Bangladesh is one not to miss not against a strong NZ team. If Sony were serious they should have paid and bought the NZ rights instead of this series against Bangladesh
New Zealand timings are too early to get strong viewership could be the reason.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock