IndiaCast, Disney UTV JV to dissolve; IndiaCast to distribute Disney UTV channels as

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: IndiaCast Media Distribution and Disney UTV have decided to end their joint venture even as the deadline to comply with the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) content aggregator regulation approaches.

IndiaCast UTV was a 74:26 JV with IndiaCast as the majority partner. The structure of Indiacast Media, a joint venture (JV) between TV18 and Viacom18, will stand. TV18 Broadcast holds 50 per cent stake in Viacom18, the company which operates channels such as Colors, MTV, Nick and Vh1.

“We will be dissolving our step-down JV with Disney UTV. But we will be the agent for distributing the Disney UTV channels,” IndiaCast Media Distribution Group CEO Anuj Gandhi told TelevisionPost.com.

Read More

Reactions: Omi
But contract was signed few months ago so until next renewal I think there is no chance

Sarkar said:
But contract was signed few months ago so until next renewal I think there is no chance

I think JV is over but I know it will takes some times may be 4 to 6 months which I already expected, but this change is bound to happen because ZEE carries a good relationship between Disney UTV, they're the frequent buyer of their production movies, Games Active of dishtv is powered by Disney UTV and Disney UTV knows that ZEE Music Company will help to gain some revenues from selling music also UTV STARS is going to revamp at Sept. so who will treat this channel better then anyone because dishtv is the first one to launch UTV STARS HD so all this speculation works and they just end this JV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock