Discussion Insat 4A Satellite finally seem to be retired

• Thread starter joy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 3,561
Does INSAT 4B have 12 ku band tp???
Yes was having 12 KU Tps but due to signal loss SD left that sat & Moved to Mesat temporarily that time . Later on Isro provided them a new replacement sat. Due to think Ts will use a dying Sat which was Launched just some months after Insat 4a :huh:Isro just providing it to allocate C Band Channels as of now.

Gsat 31 has only 19 KU Band Tps . So how can C Band Channels move to that Sat :em: :no2: also how ever Dpos getting Channels .. if Broadcasters have shifted their Channels than we'll have seen many blank Screen as All Dpos have to update new Parameters . Many Devotional Channels still running scroll below available at Insat 4a check the FTA Channels for confirmation . As per trai before Moving to a new sat a scroll should be run on Channels about new sat parameters by the Broadcaster:ok2:

Well i am yet to check all facts to ascertain real picture on ground but all i can say is n2yo is giving correct update. Regarding channels running scrolls, well i have seen many FTA chs running outdated info so not a thing to worry.

Coming to shifting to new parameters by broadcasters or operators, not a major task specially when sat is in same orbit.

Anyways wait a little Tata Sky will itself release official statement soon, already as published here in morning they r ready to start to rollout full service in Andaman & Nicobar islands shortly and Insat 4A does not have coverage there.

About GSat 31 Ku band TP allocation, ISRO has not come out with press release confirming same nor any such testing observed till now by Tata Sky. They have just added 12 new transponders to NIT which seem like H polarity activation on GSat 10 based on frequencies reported

In lyngsat site insat 4a showing only ku band tps..no c band..so something happened their c band transponders

Insat-4A was decommissioned and signed from 83e position on 13/10/19. It is currently being moved to the parking slot. It may be used as a backup satellite, until it "dies".

Insat-4B has Ku band TPs and C Band TPs, but because of the power issues, it was not running in full utilization from 2010 onwards. Either C or Ku TPs can be fully activated with the reduced power.

G-Sat-10 is also having C &Ku Band TPS (12 each).

G-Sat-31 is having many Ku band TPs.

So the various satellite-based services from 83e location are currently being handled by the above mentioned 3 satellites. Due to the ever-increasing demand for transponder bandwidth, two more sats will be added to this 83e location.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock