INSAT-4B with mystery health status

abhinaba

Contributor
Reaction score
We all know since 2010 INSAT-4B is in half power due to it's infamous power anomaly for which only 6 of 12 tps @ C-band & 5 of 12 tps @ ku-band are working. At first 7 tps were working @ku-band but after 2011 it was reduced to 6 tp & then 5 tps. In view of power shortage from its only active solar panel we can only assume that it will be reduced to least. But recently DD added 4 new tps @ C-band for its regional channels.
f26b91249c186e8d9b77c3c23d804ec2.png

If the satellite is in half power how can it add new tps? According to lyngsat data 6 old tps @ C-band are active.
Besides INSAT-4B has enough fuel to last upto 2019 but ISRO predefined its EOL in 2016. If INSAT-4B is in alarming condition DD will not risk its regional services to be beamed from this satellite when GSAT-10 has enough space. I think our senior members can provide some insight into it.

May I know when they have added new TPs? as far I know they are moving to GSAT 10 so there's no any need for addition of new TPs on Insat because theirs addition and revomal policy is different.

wewake said:
May I know when they have added new TPs? as far I know they are moving to GSAT 10 so there's no any need for addition of new TPs on Insat because theirs addition and revomal policy is different.

I think you know from 10th December DD migrated their regional services to INSAT-4B & for this purpose they got 4 new tps.

early they did switch off 2 Ku tps and migrated one c band tp traffic to gsat10. then only they started migration from insat 3a to insat 4b.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock