Installed new Airtel Xstream Box

Installation was ₹2400 with 2 meters of extra wire.
They gave some Dabang HD pack. I modified it today and got myself a black plan.
The black plan costs ₹1099+taxes. The plan includes my existing airtel Xstream broadband and the dth connection.

Congrats @Subha_007 dada for buying new airtel xstream stb

Buddy go for the Rs. 699 airtel black plan. It includes broadband connection (40 mbps speed, unlimited internet ) and DTH channels worth Rs. 300. The Rs. 1099 plan gives the 100 mbps airtel broadband plan which i believe is not needed for regular surfing.

You will save lot of money by choosing the Rs. 699 plan. You won't get Amazon Prime Video subscription with this plan but i guess that is not a major issue as you are paying Rs. 400 more in the Rs. 1099 plan just for this additional benefit and same can taken separately or thru some other offer.

Last edited:
Buddy go for the Rs. 699 airtel black plan. It includes broadband connection (40 mbps speed, unlimited internet ) and DTH channels worth Rs. 300. The Rs. 1099 plan gives the 100 mbps airtel broadband plan which i believe is not needed for regular surfing.

You will save lot of money by choosing the Rs. 699 plan. You won't get Amazon Prime Video subscription with this plan but i guess that is not a major issue as you are paying Rs. 400 more in the Rs. 1099 plan just for this additional benefit and same can taken separately or thru some other offer.
I got 200 Mbps plan.
I do WFH with high speed data requirements. So it is quite needed for me.

Installation was ₹2400 with 2 meters of extra wire.
They gave some Dabang HD pack. I modified it today and got myself a black plan.
The black plan costs ₹1099+taxes. The plan includes my existing airtel Xstream broadband and the dth connection.
Ok bro congratulations..

The quality of SD channels is acceptable-added DD retro screenshot. May be Tata Play was 100, airtel is 90 but it is pretty good.

I find picture/ sound quality on both SD and HD channels to be lot better on airtel digital tv as compared to Tata Play . Tata Play uses deblocking technology to smoothen frames hence u may notice less pixelation as well as less sharpness on SD and HD channels available on their platform . Airtel Digital TV offers more sharp and crisper picture quality.

Sound Quality too on airtel digital tv is lot better across SD and HD channels. Bass/Treble and all other sound frequencies are lot clearer, well pitched and even volume levels r in good range and equal across most of the channels

@Subha_007 - Congratulations bro.

Welcome to the airtel family 👏 Thanks for sharing those pics to understand the quality 😊

Quick question: Whether airtel xstream box is working fine with MI 4A 32 Inch Model TV?

I heard due to HDR issues won't run smoothly.

Kindly anyone clarify it.

@Subha_007 - Congratulations bro.

Welcome to the airtel family 👏 Thanks for sharing those pics to understand the quality 😊

Quick question: Whether airtel xstream box is working fine with MI 4A 32 Inch Model TV?

I heard due to HDR issues won't run smoothly.

Kindly anyone clarify it.
Mine is a Sony bro. May be others can confirm.

Correct. That's why I wanted to know. It's bad that they didn't give the latest box.

New Variant of Airtel XStream stb has still not launched in the market. I think current box will receive Android 10 software update soon

I find picture/ sound quality on both SD and HD channels to be lot better on airtel digital tv as compared to Tata Play . Tata Play uses deblocking technology to smoothen frames hence u may notice less pixelation as well as less sharpness on SD and HD channels available on their platform . Airtel Digital TV offers more sharp and crisper picture quality.

Sound Quality too on airtel digital tv is lot better across SD and HD channels. Bass/Treble and all other sound frequencies are lot clearer, well pitched and even volume levels r in good range and equal across most of the channels
Hope Tataplay problems about picture and sound quality will get solved once they get GSAT 24 activated

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock