Installed new Airtel Xstream Box

I know that certain dealers have got this new box but official launch in market has still not happened. This box might b available thru special request or might b provided to certain customers in select locations for testing purpose. Based on feedback and after making necessary modifications / corrections as suggested by these customers or employees of airtel , New Version XStream Box will b launched pan india.

I feel XStream box manufactured by Technicolor and presently being offered will b overall much better in every aspect rather than the one Flextronics XStream box. Even the look of current XStream box is lot more compact and stylish than the New Variant of XStream box
Looks are subjective. But the sd card support is big plus point on new flextronics box.

Looks are subjective. But the sd card support is big plus point on new flextronics box.

Same may be disabled later in new box when it is officially launched in market or if airtel digital tv intends to provide this option then in the near future it will be enabled on the current xstream box too. Both boxes support this feature

Observation of issues after a week of usage -

1. Prime Video lags, stutters intermittently. Didn't face this issue in Binge+ box or my firestick. This actually ruins the experience.

2. Zee5 stutters at the beginning of the video, it resolves when I rewind it for 10-20 seconds. I have a 200 Mbps Airtel Xstream Fiber. So speed/bandwidth is definitely not the bottleneck here.

3. STB restarts randomly with loading logo while switching through the HD channels. I found a pinned post from @Siva bro for this issue. Following those steps reduced the frequency of occurrence but it still happens.

4. Some of the subscribed channels shows not subscribed and if I press ch+ and come back it works fine.

5. While navigating to any hd channel the video lags for a second or two then comes to normal.

Overall the box has good PQ and AQ but the ROM is not baked properly. They need to work a lot on the same.

Last edited:

1. Prime Video lags, stutters intermittently. Didn't face this issue in Binge+ box or my firestick. This actually ruins the experience.

2. Zee5 stutters at the beginning of the video, it resolves when I rewind it for 10-20 seconds. I have a 200 Mbps Airtel Xstream Fiber. So speed/bandwidth is definitely not the bottleneck here.

3. STB restarts randomly with loading logo while switching through the HD channels. I found a pinned post from @Siva bro for this issue. Following those steps reduced the frequency of occurrence but it still happens.

4. Some of the subscribed channels shows not subscribed and if I press ch+ and come back it works fine.

5. While navigating to any hd channel the video lags for a second or two then comes to normal.

Overall the box has good PQ and AQ but the ROM is not baked properly. They need to work a lot on the same.

Nice to read your experience about using airtel xstream box

Amazon Prime Video had some issue , it was not stuttering or buffering related but definitely the navigation was not quite smooth at certain points particularly when one starts to watch content or tries to rewind / fast forward or access settings available on toolbar while watching the content. Zee5 interface was also somewhat laggy as we started the app or tried to play content. However i would like to inform you that the latest software update has resolved both these issues.

STB restarting automatically with xstream logo appearing on boot screen does happen sometimes when u change channels too fast and have many apps running in background. Request you to exit the apps properly & toggle thru channels little slowly.

Subscribed channels not appearing is an issue which i have not faced on my xstream box till now. Maybe ur account is having some bugs or technical error, do try to refresh the account thru missed call, going to app or thru SMS Code and most likely this issue would b sorted out

When u change a channel u may notice video stuttering for 2 seconds, this is not an issue but it happens with all boxes which have inbuilt hard drive/ disc space to record content. As u change channel, the recorder system auto captures the LCN & starts temporarily storing the said content till so that customer can rewind live television , when u switch to another channel this recording is deleted from the drive. Try to keep buffer duration to 0 by going to settings > recording & duration , this may resolve the issue

However i would like to inform you that the latest software update has resolved both these issues.
I am running the latest version. No new ROM/Application update available. So it hasn't resolved all the issues apparently.
STB restarting automatically with xstream logo appearing on boot screen does happen sometimes when u change channels too fast and have many apps running in background. Request you to exit the apps properly & toggle thru channels little slowly.
I faced this issue, while watching linear tv. Not even a single OTT apps were running in the background. I do not know of any other slower way other than typing channel numbers and navigate.
Subscribed channels not appearing is an issue which i have not faced on my xstream box till now. Maybe ur account is having some bugs or technical error, do try to refresh the account thru missed call, going to app or thru SMS Code and most likely this issue would b sorted out
Done HR by sending SMS to 54325. This issue still exists. Mostly happens on Star Jalsha HD. This is not a deal breaker but it would be nice if it doesn't happen.
When u change a channel u may notice video stuttering for 2 seconds, this is not an issue but it happens with all boxes which have inbuilt hard drive/ disc space to record content. As u change channel, the recorder system auto captures the LCN & starts temporarily storing the said content till so that customer can rewind live television , when u switch to another channel this recording is deleted from the drive. Try to keep buffer duration to 0 by going to settings > recording & duration , this may resolve the issue
I had basic recording plan in Binge+ and 32gb sd card was installed as well a pendrive of 16gb was connected. I record very less may be next to none. Those were there sitting idle mostly. Never encountered this sluggishness as I can recall. But I will definitely try out the steps you suggested.

I am running the latest version. No new ROM/Application update available. So it hasn't resolved all the issues apparently.

I faced this issue, while watching linear tv. Not even a single OTT apps were running in the background. I do not know of any other slower way other than typing channel numbers and navigate.

Done HR by sending SMS to 54325. This issue still exists. Mostly happens on Star Jalsha HD. This is not a deal breaker but it would be nice if it doesn't happen.

I had basic recording plan in Binge+ and 32gb sd card was installed as well a pendrive of 16gb was connected. I record very less may be next to none. Those were there sitting idle mostly. Never encountered this sluggishness as I can recall. But I will definitely try out the steps you suggested.

Write To [email protected]

Demand Them New Android 10 Box As Replacement

Bro how many ott services they have given u? I went to 1999 plan in aug 2020 I got Xstream box for free no security deposit and no any charges but I got only 3 ott services free for 1 year Disney+hotStar, Amazon Prime Video and Xstream services like live channels, movies etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock