Good News Installed New Tata Sky HD Connection

DominicT

Reaction score
My d2h SD STB was having several problems lately and I finally decided to shift to Tata Sky. Booked HD Connection + Malayalam Basic HD pack and the installation was done within 48 hours.

qleeYtK.jpg

Set Top Box:
I got the Technicolor HD STB. STB is very smaller than I expected - just half the size of my old d2h STB! Boot up time is almost same as my old one.

I4EiEXO.jpg

J2lX0GD.jpg

Remote:

Remote is very lightweight and quiet easy to use. Excellent range as well.

gFK6zAt.jpg

Signal levels:

Kw1EI3O.jpg

D800aY2.jpg

What I liked:
Excellent audio quality (Both SD and HD).
• Wide range of channels.
• 3 year warranty.
• Faster channel switching - found only 1 second delay.

What I didn't:
• SD channel picture quality - I feel like it was better in d2h.
• Favourites implementation - Favorites LCN starts at 900 where as in d2h it goes like 1,2,3 etc. Also it was very easy to rearrange the favourites in d2h. I miss that feature here.
• "You're not subscribed to this channel" voice narration - I found listening to this quiet irritating 😂. In d2h there was no voice narration for the same.
• UI is bit slow here and there (Can't complain for the price though! 😊).

My d2h SD STB was having several problems lately and I finally decided to shift to Tata Sky. Booked HD Connection + Malayalam Basic HD pack and the installation was done within 48 hours.

qleeYtK.jpg

Set Top Box:
I got the Technicolor HD STB. STB is very smaller than I expected - just half the size of my old d2h STB! Boot up time is almost same as my old one.

I4EiEXO.jpg

J2lX0GD.jpg

Remote:
Remote is very lightweight and quiet easy to use. Excellent range as well.

gFK6zAt.jpg

Signal levels:

Kw1EI3O.jpg

D800aY2.jpg

What I liked:
Excellent audio quality (Both SD and HD).
• Wide range of channels.
• 3 year warranty.
• Faster channel switching - found only 1 second delay.

What I didn't:
• SD channel picture quality - I feel like it was better in d2h.
• Favourites implementation - Favorites LCN starts at 900 where as in d2h it goes like 1,2,3 etc. Also it was very easy to rearrange the favourites in d2h. I miss that feature here.
• "You're not subscribed to this channel" voice narration - I found listening to this quiet irritating 😂. In d2h there was no voice narration for the same.
• UI is bit slow here and there (Can't complain for the price though! 😊).
When i change channel in tata sky i received a lag in picture? Everyone experiencing that

When i change channel in tata sky i received a lag in picture? Everyone experiencing that
There is a ~1 second delay + image looks frozen for a moment. I think that is the time required for fetching the content from satellite.

I had a C band dish long time back and it had no delay though!

There is a ~1 second delay + image looks frozen for a moment. I think that is the time required for fetching the content from satellite.

I had a C band dish long time back and it had no delay though!

Congratulations Bhai !,This box might b having some internal storage content facility hence that 1 sec delay is time taken to get feed processed over it so that buffer can b created for rewind or live tv pause, unfortunately tata sky will likely never activate this feature

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock