Good News Installed New Tata Sky HD Connection

Congratulations Bhai !,This box might b having some internal storage content facility hence that 1 sec delay is time taken to get feed processed over it so that buffer can b created for rewind or live tv pause, unfortunately tata sky will likely never activate this feature
I see. Anyway it's not a deal breaker and is common among entry level STBs I guess.

My d2h SD STB was having several problems lately and I finally decided to shift to Tata Sky. Booked HD Connection + Malayalam Basic HD pack and the installation was done within 48 hours.

qleeYtK.jpg

Set Top Box:
I got the Technicolor HD STB. STB is very smaller than I expected - just half the size of my old d2h STB! Boot up time is almost same as my old one.

I4EiEXO.jpg

J2lX0GD.jpg

Remote:
Remote is very lightweight and quiet easy to use. Excellent range as well.

gFK6zAt.jpg

Signal levels:

Kw1EI3O.jpg

D800aY2.jpg

What I liked:
Excellent audio quality (Both SD and HD).
• Wide range of channels.
• 3 year warranty.
• Faster channel switching - found only 1 second delay.

What I didn't:
• SD channel picture quality - I feel like it was better in d2h.
• Favourites implementation - Favorites LCN starts at 900 where as in d2h it goes like 1,2,3 etc. Also it was very easy to rearrange the favourites in d2h. I miss that feature here.
• "You're not subscribed to this channel" voice narration - I found listening to this quiet irritating 😂. In d2h there was no voice narration for the same.
• UI is bit slow here and there (Can't complain for the price though! 😊).
you are not subscribed to this channel narration also irritates in airtel dth

No, it's a regular 60cm dish - same size as my old d2h antenna.
I paid ₹1619 in total (Connection + Pack + Installation).
why u haven't ordered from comparedth.com u can get it in 1499₹ from including all from them

why u haven't ordered from comparedth.com u can get it in 1499₹ from including all from them
Sorry, I thought that it's not a genuine site. I just checked it now and it shows ₹2049 for South Indian connections.

My d2h SD STB was having several problems lately and I finally decided to shift to Tata Sky. Booked HD Connection + Malayalam Basic HD pack and the installation was done within 48 hours.

qleeYtK.jpg

Set Top Box:
I got the Technicolor HD STB. STB is very smaller than I expected - just half the size of my old d2h STB! Boot up time is almost same as my old one.

I4EiEXO.jpg

J2lX0GD.jpg

Remote:
Remote is very lightweight and quiet easy to use. Excellent range as well.

gFK6zAt.jpg

Signal levels:

Kw1EI3O.jpg

D800aY2.jpg

What I liked:
Excellent audio quality (Both SD and HD).
• Wide range of channels.
• 3 year warranty.
• Faster channel switching - found only 1 second delay.

What I didn't:
• SD channel picture quality - I feel like it was better in d2h.
• Favourites implementation - Favorites LCN starts at 900 where as in d2h it goes like 1,2,3 etc. Also it was very easy to rearrange the favourites in d2h. I miss that feature here.
• "You're not subscribed to this channel" voice narration - I found listening to this quiet irritating 😂. In d2h there was no voice narration for the same.
• UI is bit slow here and there (Can't complain for the price though! 😊).

I too having both D2h and Tatasky connections. Completely agree with your cons and pros....

By using both the connections simultaneously, I m not much attracted to Tatasky ...

Last edited:
Great purchase @DominicT bro and I am sure you will not be disappointed by TS's service and quality. We have been seeing the same UI for TS HD boxes for 10 years and it is still fresh and new. Not counting the preposterous Evo UI briefly used by the Transfer box.

Favourites implementation - Favorites LCN starts at 900 where as in d2h it goes like 1,2,3 etc. Also it was very easy to rearrange the favourites in d2h. I miss that feature here.
Definitely one of the better points of d2h. During TS's last LCN reshuffling in July 2016, all the LCNs in 900–999 were vacated. There were hopes for the number of favourites to be extended from 50 to 100 but this never happened.

P.S. 1.
PS the greenery around your house is beautiful.
Reminded me of the beautiful Kerala scenes in the movie Karwaan.

P.S. 2. I am surprised that as a Keralite you are watching Isaiaruvi (a Tamil channel). I know that many Tamil movies and songs are aired on Malayalam channels but there is still a lot of difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock