Intelsat17 Scanning with MPEG2 Receiver

Mani_Ragh

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have only MPEG2 Receiver and 10Ft mess Dish Antenna with C band LNB. Could you please assist me how to scan the signals from Intelsat 17. If my testing is fine I can buy a DVB-S2 MPEG-4 Receiver. It would be really helpful, can i get the signals of MPEG-4 using MPEG-2 receiver? what are the channels are still telecasting with MPEG-2 format? Please assist me.

Hi Friends,

I have only MPEG2 Receiver and 10Ft mess Dish Antenna with C band LNB. Could you please assist me how to scan the signals from Intelsat 17. Please assist me.

every tracker started own tracking only by experimenting with their dish and receivers. you have a good 10 feet dish, its well enough to catch all the TPs of 66e Sat.
do it your own, by adjusting the elevation and azimuth of the dish. the required values of elevation and azimuth and the lnb skew can be found from various websites like Dishpointer . first catch the signal of the strong TPs, then do fine adjustementes to receive all the TPs. its an interesting hobby. go ahead. All the best.

Hi Friends,

can i get the signals of MPEG-4 using MPEG-2 receiver?

no, you can't watch the MPEG-4 format channels using MPEG-2 receiver. some MPEG-2 receivers can show the signal status of MPEG-4 signals and get tunes under radio list. but wont be able to watch those channels

Hi Friends,
what are the channels are still telecasting with MPEG-2 format?

As per the Listings in Flysat & Lyngsat pages for 66e Intelsat-17, there are only 4 channels using MPEG-2 format :
Kalaingar, Seithigal, Isai Aruvi & Sirippoli. Frequency : 3845/V/28800.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock