IPL 2016 has reached viewership of 297 million

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The ninth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has reached viewership of 297 million in its third week itself. Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN — part of Sony Pictures Networks India — the official broadcasters of the cash-rich domestic Twenty20 tournament, drew audiences in large numbers in the third week of the T20 cricket tournament after 25 matches.

IPL with 927.4 GVM is 234 per cent better than the second most viewed channel in prime time at an all-India level, and with 676.2 GVM is 203 percent better than the second most viewed channel in HSM. Markets that grew in the third week are Mumbai, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra.
The IPL began on April 9 and will go on till May 29, with the final being played at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore. The final was scheduled to be played at Wankhede, Mumbai but has been shifted out of there due to the orders of the Bombay High Court asking all IPL 2016 matches be played outside Maharashtra after May 1 due to the state facing severe drought issues.

The IPL this year has also seen two new teams — Rising Pune Supergiants and Gujarat Lions. They have replaced Chennai Superkings and Rajasthan Royals, who have been banned for a couple of years.

The IPL has talents from all around the world, making it one of the must see T20 tournaments. Players like Chris Gayle, MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers light up the IPL every year. The tournament has also given an opportunity a chance to showcase their talents, many of whom have gone on to represent their countries.

IPL 2016 has reached viewership of 297 million

LOL :d

And few were saying ipl will be less popular this year :p

Rushil.D said:

Even if it gets less viewership,

I would prefer less viewership over Fixing/corruption

ABCDEFGH said:
Even if it gets less viewership,

I would prefer less viewership over Fixing/corruption
Hmm..

So you also think ipl is fixed :huh

Rushil.D said:

And few were saying ipl will be less popular this year[emoji14]
I think more seats are vacant in stadium this year. Srk present but still half occupied in Eden that tells you the story

Rushil.D said:

Yes bro less popular.
You can see the no of spectators in stadium are less

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock