Good News IPL 2018 gets a makeover with Star India

That means whole star sports network would show IPL for 45 days, No other option for sports lover for 1.5 months, This is ridiculous.
Before acquiring Ten by sony

Sony telecasted ipl on following Channels

Sony six
Sony six hd
Sony ESPN
Sony ESPN HD
Sony max

So it's also ridiculous right ??

Last edited:
As said before, Star Sports 1 will be the home of IPL. The 10 channels and 6 language distribution will be as follows:
  1. Star Sports 1 HD - English commentary and graphics.
  2. Star Sports 1 SD - English commentary and graphics.
  3. Star Sports 1 Hindi HD - Hindi commentary and graphics.
  4. Star Sports 1 Hindi SD - Hindi commentary and graphics.
  5. Star Sports 1 Tamil SD - Tamil commentary and graphics + 'Super Kings Show' in Tamil (programming for CSK)
  6. Star Sports 1 Kannada SD - Kannada commentary and graphics. + 'Inside RCB' in Kannada (programming for RCB)
  7. Star Sports 1 Telugu SD - Telugu commentary and graphics.
  8. Star Sports 1 Bengali SD - Bengali commentary and graphics + 'Knight Club' in Bengali (programming for KKR)
  9. Star Sports Select 1 HD - Ultimate Fan Feed.
  10. Star Sports Select 1 SD - Ultimate Fan Feed.
Apart from the regional programming, SS1 (English) and SS1 Hindi will both show the team-tailored content for RCB, CSK and KKR in English and Hindi respectively.

And, I am not sure how will star manage to broadcast the second match of a day which overlaps the first match if the new match timings are considered.

And, I am not sure how will star manage to broadcast the second match of a day which overlaps the first match if the new match timings are considered.
May be(almost certain) will use star sports 2 and ss select 2 for it

Star will b in huge loss after this IPL, 4000 is huge,star thinking Disney will take care them after IPL

Last edited:
i dont think star will be in loss sony was ready to give 11k for only indian tv and facebook 3k for digital but star has given 16k for global which is not huge i think

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock