Is Airtel Digital the worst box for navigating HD channels?

• Thread starter Ultra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 7,632

Which DTH STB has the best channel navigation system?

• ADTV (15 favs)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Tata Sky (50 favs)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sun Direct (2D nav)

• D2H

• Dish TV

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Ultra

Reaction score
We have five DTH connections -- Sun Direct, Tata Sky, ABS (solid STB), Dish TV, and a new Airtel Digital TV.

We normally watch only HD channels. However, it's almost impossible to watch HD channels easily on Airtel Digital TV because all the SD channels come in between.

Can anyone tell me if there's any 'hack' or 'trick' to prevent SD channels from coming in between when you move from one HD channel to the next? In all other boxes, I can set up favorites of the top 50 channels I use, which helps me move from one HD channel to another without going through SD channels in between? (Sun Direct and Dish also give all HD channels together, without inserting SD channels in between.)

Since most of the SD channels are not subscribed, the set top box takes some time to display the 'this channel is not subscribed' etc. In all, it takes about 5 seconds to switch from one HD channel to the next one.

I know ADTV has an option of 15 favorites, but we need about 45 favorite channels for this to work.
Any ideas? Or is ADTV the worst set top box in the market for HD viewing?

First time ADTV users will feel it's hard but as time goes by one will not even use Favourites at all.

Then there are many ways to navigate easily now I use Airtel Internet TV it uses just swipe like Smartphone.

In HD box there is separate Navigation option to browse through different section like HD,Regional,Sports etc you just have to know how to use it properly and it's better & faster than all other DTH.

Last edited:
Our box is HD box with pen drive support. How can we make it so that when we press + on channel, it will move to the next HD channel, instead of going to the SD channel (which is anyway not even subscribed).

Frankly, we are thinking of making Sun Direct as our primary 'entertainment' option and moving Airtel to the office. That's how hard the navigation thing is.

Last edited:
Our box is HD box with pen drive support. How can we make it so that when we press + on channel, it will move to the next HD channel, instead of going to the SD channel (which is anyway not even subscribed).
Ut stb model buddy ??

This one.
digitalairtelsetupbox-250x250.png

We also have an old airtel HD DVR, but the hard disk is gone. So we usually don't use it. But I think the navigation is the same in that one also.

I think it's hero stb in that stb only 15 favorites available

But in new hevc hd stb we can set 100 favorites in each list of 4

I'm using it & some of the bros too here :)

I guess it's not possible to swap them. Might have to order a new connection, or move this connection for office use (permanently on one channel). Given that SD will be adding more HD channels, it might be worth it to go back to SD for home use.

I guess it's not possible to swap them. Might have to order a new connection, or move this connection for office use (permanently on one channel). Given that SD will be adding more HD channels, it might be worth it to go back to SD for home use.
Good Decision🤣😃💃💃💪🌅🌄

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock