Is Airtel withdrawing its HD DVR?

Hi Friends

My Airtel HD-DVR has hardware problem. One tuner is not working from more than a year now.

I can use it but alternate channels are not working. Which means if I see one, when I switch to next channel it will not come.
But again if I switch to next it will come.
So if I need to switch to channel I want to see from the current one, Then I need to switch to some other channel and then switch to channel I want to see.

Airtel customer care says they no more provide repair/replacement or new HD-DVR boxes.
Airtel internet TV is not attractive option as I can only record and watch one at a time.
I already have built-in Netflix, Amazon Prime and hot-star in my TV without issues.

I feel watch one record one OR record 2 and watch recorded one was a great feature Airtel HD-DVR provided and I am using it since 2011.
I feel internet TV is a step back with respect to above. I am very disappointed with Airtel.

Questions
1. Does anyone have hardware issues in HD-DVR box recently and Airtel is fixing/replacing them. Any clue?
2. What are the other options other than internet TV ?
3. I am based in Bangalore, any local technicians will help repair the box?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Hi Friends

My Airtel HD-DVR has hardware problem. One tuner is not working from more than a year now.

I can use it but alternate channels are not working. Which means if I see one, when I switch to next channel it will not come.
But again if I switch to next it will come.
So if I need to switch to channel I want to see from the current one, Then I need to switch to some other channel and then switch to channel I want to see.

Airtel customer care says they no more provide repair/replacement or new HD-DVR boxes.
Airtel internet TV is not attractive option as I can only record and watch one at a time.
I already have built-in Netflix, Amazon Prime and hot-star in my TV without issues.

I feel watch one record one OR record 2 and watch recorded one was a great feature Airtel HD-DVR provided and I am using it since 2011.
I feel internet TV is a step back with respect to above. I am very disappointed with Airtel.

Questions
1. Does anyone have hardware issues in HD-DVR box recently and Airtel is fixing/replacing them. Any clue?
2. What are the other options other than internet TV ?
3. I am based in Bangalore, any local technicians will help repair the box?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Kindly check your thread i have already answered. Please do not repost same queries multiple times everywhere.

I have tried Xtreme box and went back to HD DVR. According to me, HD DVR is the best Airtel has. But sadly they have discontinued it. It has: HD, record one channel while watching other channel, favourites (most imp to me, i can't remember all channel numbers or have the patience to scroll through all unsubscribed channels).

But since I got my HD DVR box back, I had this issue of signal problem. Tuner 2 is weak or zero signal. Swapped the 2 antenna wires, and same tuner 2 is zero again. After a long wait, got another HD DVR. But even that had the same issue. 2 technicians, one senior also couldn't solve the problem. They wanted to try with 3rd box and made me wait for many days, trying to search for replacement box.
Annoyed with the wait, I raised a complaint again and insisted to check the LNB near antenna. The signal was fluctuating. Paid Rs. 250 for new LNB and its working fine now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock