Seeking Help Is Binge subscription Mandatory for Binge+

abhishekarora

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I am planning to upgrade my HD set top box to Binge+ set top box. Could anyone please clear few of my doubts. Really appreciate your efforts.

1. Can we unsubscribe the Binge pack after free 6 months trial. If yes, how we can do this.
  2. Can we access the OTT apps after unsubscribing the Binge pack and continue watching them with our OTT subscription.
  3. Can we install applications from Play Store without Binge subscription.
  4. How is the build quality and PQ/AQ of the set top box.
Sorry admins, if we have a similar post posted earlier.

Hi Guys.

I am planning to upgrade my HD set top box to Binge+ set top box. Could anyone please clear few of my doubts. Really appreciate your efforts.

1. Can we unsubscribe the Binge pack after free 6 months trial. If yes, how we can do this.
  2. Can we access the OTT apps after unsubscribing the Binge pack and continue watching them with our OTT subscription.
  3. Can we install applications from Play Store without Binge subscription.
  4. How is the build quality and PQ/AQ of the set top box.
Sorry admins, if we have a similar post posted earlier.
You can unsubscribe Binge pack from website, app or by contacting customer service. Yes OTT apps can be accessed using your own separate subscriptions, Binge pack is not mandatory only your DTH account needs to be active and you can obviously install apps also.

Check these threads for reviews and pictures 🔽
Tata Sky Binge Plus installed today @ ₹6100
The installation was completed within 4 hours of giving online request for the box.

Cover ⬇

On set top box Tata Sky Logo continue glow when its on. ⬇

When set top box off. ⬇

On remote blue light blinks when press any button ⬇

Remote ⬇

Software information ⬇

Channel name information when you press up & down button. ⬇

Playing past 7 days recordings. ⬇

Screen after pressing home button. ⬇

Binge section ⬇

Apps section ⬇

All apps are accecable without binge plus subscription.
Currently NETFLIX not available on Google Play Store, after software updation they will add Netflix app.
PQ & AQ both are very good.
All apps are running smoothly.
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are doing great. I was interested in this STB since the day it was launched, so finally i got it :). Paid Rs 3999 and got 6 months of Binge+ Pack Free.

Here are some Pics.

Outer Box:

YtGR6uX.jpg

STB:

hnOx7jf.jpg

Remote:

RgX2UJs.jpg

Now coming to the review:

What I Liked:
  1. The PQ and AQ is awesome. I could make out that it was better than my HD STB, using on a 43" FHD LED TV.
  2. Excellent hardware quality, looks premium with the TS logo that lights up (glows) when in ON Mode.
  3. Remote is universal, uses bluetooth for STB use and IR to control TV, again looks premium, and great build quality with imprinted TS logo.
  4. Android OS is smooth and fast, Boot time of STB is less than a minute.
  5. TS UI is refreshing and looks nice.
  6. Mini Guide and Guide looks good with channel logos when scrolling.
  7. Option to Subscribe some channels directly from the STB.
  8. Google assistant if told channel name or LCN correctly will tune to that channel via voice search option.
  9. 7 Days catch up TV for some Channels. (requires internet)
  10. Option to refresh the account/STB from settings.
  11. Option to watch some live tv channels online via internet during rains/bad weather when there is no signal message

Suggestions & Scope for Improvement:
  1. Add Netflix App which is not available at the moment
  2. Introduce Cloud Recording facility in Future so that one can record the shows via internet and watch whenever one wants, would require Internet.
  3. Have regular software updates.
  4. Add option to Unsubscribe a Subscribed channel directly from STB.
  5. Some TS interactive service channels like TS Music, Music+ Darshan are missing in the STB.
  6. I dont know how to interact with some service channels that requires red, yellow, green, blue buttons that are available on normal STB remotes (these buttons are not there on binge+ remote)

Still studying the box, will add/update the points above once I find more. Will use 4K features once I buy a new 4K TV which will be soon :)
Yesterday my new Tatasky Bing+ installed...It's new connection with Dish,LNB and other accessories..The cable was already concealed as my house was renovated few years ago and using the same...Paid Rs 3999/- As a new Subscriber ID I have to recharge Rs 154 /- for NCF...Also deactivated remaining multitv connection...
The Box looks Premium...The UI ,EPG Banner is really awesome... Favourite section now in Home Page and we can Select from there...We can add to Favourite by opening the channel and clicking info button...
All Apps r working great...Not much internet speed needed...In slow speed too flawless ...

OHMQAzY.jpg

jPiLD9X.jpg

U27Vfrb.jpg

P3ftTm2.jpg

bOw2nAZ.jpg

ysADlWN.jpg

OeOLtAP.jpg

kUvDZWm.jpg

tZvk0Wm.jpg

cyB9cjS.jpg

eWdgOmX.jpg

vZHedei.jpg

Airtel is giving android box @1500 Tata sky is too costly

No other charge to play app. Few Xream content free while active connection. l dont think any lndian DTH offering for android box few facility for active connection. Recording facility (₹ 50 per month extra charge) & watch one & record one channel lnb mandatory). Big thumb up. Remote few operatable key for tv function. But other people complaining on few problem like dvr, firmware, audio format etc. l dont have 4K tv but only not happy for monthly pack price.

2 GB Ram another benefit & android 9. Few mobile app facing orientation problem.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock