Discussion Is Bollywood out of Content ?

Baba Yaga

Reaction score
In recent year I noticed two things in Bollywood Industry.

1.) Remaking South Indian / Global Movies.
2.) Biopic / Based on True Events.

These two things are dominating the original content based movies in Bollywood Industry and also after looking at the current year (2020) movie slate I felt the same, It looks like directors and produces showing much more interest in these two instead of original content as they doesn't want risk anything and I am also very much disappointed with some of the original content movies that came out last year. I am not saying there is no Original Content , there is but it is slowing changing into what I mentioned.

Please share your opinion on this .

Edit: Added "Gloabl"

Last edited:
I haven't seen a Bollywood movie since Dangal. Bollywood hasn't made good content in a long time. Its uncomfortable watching Bollywood movies with parents or kids around. The ones they do remake from South are over the top action or masala movies.
I prefer English, Kannada and other good Southern movies and shows.

Yes I agreed to some point that Bollywood lacks creativity no original content just remaking south movies or making biopics of famous person or movie on famous incident also lack of soulful songs just remaking old hit songs most of them
But still every year there are very few but good movies still comes that you watch with your family

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock