Discussion Is Dish TV is going to the Independent TV way?

• Thread starter TUP
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 2,373

TUP

Reaction score
After all this saga where Yes Bank who owns 25+% wants to takeover, an Dish TV exicutive's statement that "Rs 1,000 cr rights issue critical for business survival" is reported by every financial newspaper/website. On the other hand Dish TV is running discounts like Zing Super FTA Box, something like Indipendent TV just before it shut down. It is notable that Zing Super FTA Box will not make any significant money in next 2 years. Are they going to shut down just like Indipendent TV if management is not changed?

After all this saga where Yes Bank who owns 25+% wants to takeover, an Dish TV exicutive's statement that "Rs 1,000 cr rights issue critical for business survival" is reported by every financial newspaper/website. On the other hand Dish TV is running discounts like Zing Super FTA Box, something like Indipendent TV just before it shut down. It is notable that Zing Super FTA Box will not make any significant money in next 2 years. Are they going to shut down just like Indipendent TV if management is not changed?
Fun fact, Dish TV has total market cap of just 3,461 cr and it is needed 1,000 cr according to insiders. 😂😂😂

Not like that, but sure they will shutdown one satellite and they will run their business with one satellite, present situation is to...bad,

Even Airtel have interest to buy dishd2h but that time DishTV did mistake their fault valuations etc...that deal also cancelled,
Only one thing is confirm in coming days DishTV can't maintain like this sure they will sale their business,
Airtel or other private limited company will buy DishTV,

Let's see what will happen,
They Will shutdown one satellite and run properly one satellite means there is no problem,

Not like that, but sure they will shutdown one satellite and they will run their business with one satellite, present situation is to...bad,

Even Airtel have interest to buy dishd2h but that time DishTV did mistake their fault valuations etc...that deal also cancelled,
Only one thing is confirm in coming days DishTV can't maintain like this sure they will sale their business,
Airtel or other private limited company will buy DishTV,

Let's see what will happen,
They Will shutdown one satellite and run properly one satellite means there is no problem,
As of my knowledge Dish TV is using outdated MPEG2 for it's SD boxes. So, 'shutdown one satellite' means tata to D2H, which will cost around ₹50 to ₹150 per D2H box user (personal visit of engineer to realignment of antenna+software update, MPEG4 box can run MPEG2, but MPEG2 box can't run MPEG4), other way around will cost ₹700 to ₹900 per Dish TV MPEG2 box user.

And they want to go with ANDROID STB, which atleast cost ₹1500 per Dish TV MPEG2 box user.

Also, remember before Indipendent TV, when Reliance Big TV was in trouble, TATA SKY offer STB with realignment of old antenna, in my opinion, this is going to happen.

As of my knowledge Dish TV is using outdated MPEG2 for it's SD boxes. So, 'shutdown one satellite' means tata to D2H, which will cost around ₹50 to ₹150 per D2H box user (personal visit of engineer to realignment of antenna+software update, MPEG4 box can run MPEG2, but MPEG2 box can't run MPEG4), other way around will cost ₹700 to ₹900 per Dish TV MPEG2 box user.

And they want to go with ANDROID STB, which atleast cost ₹1500 per Dish TV MPEG2 box user.

Also, remember before Indipendent TV, when Reliance Big TV was in trouble, TATA SKY offer STB with realignment of old antenna, in my opinion, this is going to happen.
Bro, although its your personal opinion about this post - my request is dont create unnecessary panic among Dishtv/D2h users. Let it happen whatever happens in future..Sony or TV18 or othe company buying dishtv.
This is sensitive and create panic among users - if its mentioned about Indenpendent tv here in the Subject of thread.
Only my request.

Don't mislead by comparing with independent tv.
"Dish TV's ₹1,000 crore rights issue is critical for the survival of the DTH company that needs funds to upgrade technology and replace old set-top boxes with the new-age smart connected boxes otherwise its subscriber base would shrink, a top company official said."
"Dish TV, which had a debt of around ₹3,300 crore two years back has paid most of the amount and around ₹525 crore, mostly from two lenders - RBL Bank and Axis Bank - are left to be paid back."

DishTV is clearing its debt. So, it needs funds to upgrade stbs to stop subscribers loss. Android stb of other DTH are better and cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock