Is exFAT supported in TataSky? Which format to use?

Hi,

As far as I know FAT32 is supported on TataSky Binge+. When I use a pendrive or a external HDD, I have to format it as FAT32, only then TataSky is recoginizing the HDD. But I can't store movies bigger than 4GB in FAT32. NTFS is not supported and also exFAT is not supported. So how do I use external HDD with TataSky?
there is a theoretical way, you can add files while your card/hdd/pen drive is in ntfs format, but then convert into fat32 afterward with 3rd party software like AOMIE etc. It worked when i tried it. (too much effort)
i played tornt movies and blu ray files, dolby vision files,4k hdr h.265 files, in some formats the playback was not smooth and crashed (LOL what was i expecting from a 2k android box:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

It is not worth it for me now as i have bought a better tv that supports ntfs directly, say wonder woman in 4k hdr with dv, though movie sucked the quality was eye popping.

As all tests through pendrives or external HDD's....Tata sky binge+ supports only following video formats upto maximum mark-
720p@24fps.
[email protected] should be in format of codec ×264.... that's it....this format of movies and videos will play smoothly on binge+ and ofcourse this should be within an file size of 4gb because it's only supports fat 32 format through pendrives and SD cards.... exFat and NTFS formatted pendrive or HDD it won't detect.
Then,
Now come to the point we're binge+ will fail to play formats of videos where it lags or playback will chopy...huge framedrop and fails to play smoothly-
1080p videos/movies@24fps x265.
2k@24fps x265.
4k@24fps x264,x265.
4k@60fps X265.....
All above mentioned video formats will totally proved garbage on binge+ box playback.....it's totally fails to play these high codec format videos....for that mean that's why it's doesn't support NTFS and exFat formats....
Bit finally surprised that 1080p@ x265 also lagged very much on this box....only x264 supported.
Note-
This all tests donned through pendrives and HDD only don't consider YouTube playbacks.

As all tests through pendrives or external HDD's....Tata sky binge+ supports only following video formats upto maximum mark-
720p@24fps.
[email protected] should be in format of codec ×264.... that's it....this format of movies and videos will play smoothly on binge+ and ofcourse this should be within an file size of 4gb because it's only supports fat 32 format through pendrives and SD cards.... exFat and NTFS formatted pendrive or HDD it won't detect.
Then,
Now come to the point we're binge+ will fail to play formats of videos where it lags or playback will chopy...huge framedrop and fails to play smoothly-
1080p videos/movies@24fps x265.
2k@24fps x265.
4k@24fps x264,x265.
4k@60fps X265.....
All above mentioned video formats will totally proved garbage on binge+ box playback.....it's totally fails to play these high codec format videos....for that mean that's why it's doesn't support NTFS and exFat formats....
Bit finally surprised that 1080p@ x265 also lagged very much on this box....only x264 supported.
Note-
This all tests donned through pendrives and HDD only don't consider YouTube playbacks.
h.265 4k 24p/30p works like a charm on mine.

Oh that's gud there is an huge number of websites providing different video codec so there may be variations.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock