Is fast speed internet affecting Indian DTH growth?

Solid Snake

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As we know, over the period of time there has been a significant increase in Internet speed across the globe. People including myself are moving away from DTH system and shifting to YouTube and NetFlix type alternative systems. In coming years, I believe more people will get the easy and cheap access to faster Internet. As per my humble opinion, these advancements in technology and Internet speed will surely affect Indian DTH and Cable TV providers sales and renewal in future. What do you people think about this? Please share your thoughts about this situation.

Yes. After few days, DTH/Cable TV will be almost dead especially in urban area among young generations.

Yes. But it is not speed, it is accessibility.
People who only watch TV for maximum 1 hour alone or only watch news channels have left TV because of daily 1/1.5 GB data. These people are getting lower than 3G speed at 4G. Always.

For those who watch more than 1 hour are moving away because of brodband which cost some ₹100-₹200 extra only in a month. Also, all English Entertainment channels are pushing us to leave DTH by showing all repeated things.

But still, if you like sports, DTH is the best. Doesn't matter if you have smart tv or Jio STB.

Yes. After few days, DTH/Cable TV will be almost dead especially in urban area among young generations.
They are already dead among those who don't watch sports. You can see young Indians watching Netflix at MacBook in a room without TV and posting photos at social media. And you know Android users who watch tv shows at mobile phone too.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, LIVE programming will always be a must for all people's needs. The point is the quality of the programming being offered on satellite. What's the point of having 8 odisha news channels if all the reporting is just poor or non-existant? Why Times Now keeps launching more opinionated channels if nobody asks for them? Why Zee has so many movie channels if they all end repeating the same movies multiple times? Why Jaya Network or RAJ are alive? The offerings are just terrible and uninteresting. In my opinion the less channels the better, even they'd start working in offering in-stb flawless streaming so they'd slowly start switching from DTH to satellite internet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock