Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Best was in signal now a day SUNTV 2- AIRTEL 3 TATASKY in last two months Tata signal quality goes down channel addition Tatasky is best more channels

I hate this thread's title. Tata Sky is definitely not Overrated, How could you even say that? Tata Sky provided us most easy transition to new TRAI pricing. Recently when Doordarshan started dual stream of DD Sports, D2H and Dish TV continued to block it while Tata Sky stopped blocking it from the first day. So shall we give them with Best DTH award for this?

Simply Search on Twitter you will see Happy Tata Sky Customers, while Others keep cursing their Operator.

Here is an example, it's very easy to find Happy Tata Sky Customers.
Source

Last edited:
I have been a Tata Sky user for almost 11 years and the company went from a lot of different phases. There was a time when channels were not being added due to lack of transponders but that was completely solved after GSAT 10. They had their "no signal" fiasco, MPEG 4 migration but everything was well taken care of. All those years, it took a miss call and the installer was at the gate next morning. I must say, there has hardly been a downtime (except rain fade) in those 11 years.

This year, I got another Dish TV connection after ditching Siti Cable which was used on another TV and to be honest, I haven't had much of a problem with them too. Of course, the number of HD channels is less too but "it works" and has been working since the time of installation. The channels are not much of a problem as my grandmother only watches GEC Hindi and News channels and I prefer Discovery network channels, ENG NEWS and VH1 which are present on Dish TV even though I miss VH1 HD.

But that doesn't mean you can equate the experience of Dish TV and Tata Sky. Tata Sky has superior portal, great customer service better STB quality than the Dish TV. Dish TV CC is atrocious at many times. That being said, Dish TV is also a okay option IMO.

In current situation only two DTH in the market are best 1. Tata Sky 2 Airtel
Now If someone ask me which is best from these two, I will say without any doubt that Tata Sky is best DTH.
I have Airtel DTH and my cousin brother have Tata sky(I suggested him Tata sky to buy).
Reason why Im saying that Tata sky is best because -
1. Most Important thing is their customer service, CC, Online Portal, Online Chat all are up to date, Can add/drop channel anytime with in a few seconds, can check validity of package any time.
2. Best Quality
3. Maximum Channels
4. After TRAI Regulation, no issue of package price. Tata Sky is no more costly now.
5. Everything(System) is clear, understandable and bug free, no need to search for a third way to do anything.

Now I will talk about Airtel. Why we should buy airtel or why not -
1. After TRAI Regulation airtel is no more cheaper. Yes few months before It was cheaper and We all airtel user were happy because we were getting same quality and quantity in low price in airtel compare to Tata Sky and for that We were ready to compromise for CC, Online Portal and Other customer services. But now there is no reason to compromise ☹. So now why customer will stay with airtel, obviously he will move to Tata Sky. Price of both DTH is similar and we are getting better customer support in Tata Sky, So first choice of customer is Tata Sky now.

2. Airtel's Customer Service, Online portal is very very bad. We need to call CC to drop a channel, We need to call CC to check ARP's validity. Yes I cant check my validity on App/Self-care, yesterday asked about it to Choco bro but his solution also not worked for me, My account status on STB(My Account Option) also showing only TopUps validity, not showing my ARP validity.
Their self-care portal is not user friendly,
CC dont have any knowledge about anything.
This is the main reason that Tata Sky is better than Airtel. Otherwise everything is fine in Airtel.
So if a customer getting good customer support and services in same price then obviously he should go for Tata Sky now.

3. Now there is only one reason to buy airtel DTH is their Multi Connection Package Price.
They are charging only ₹94 NCF for Secondary Connection. On other side Tata Sky removed secondary connection policy, they will charge separate NCF for separate connection without any discount. So if someone is looking for a good multi connection DTH with lower price then without any doubt airtel is best for him. 👍👍
Bro don't ignore dishd2h
It will bounce back definitely

Bro don't ignore dishd2h
It will bounce back definitely
Bro on a serious note Karnataka has better MSO's than D2h. Many neighbors here have D2h dish on their roofs and i was shocked to see it. After visiting their homes realised they have disconnected and moved on to cable. It's become nothing but a showpiece.

Bro on a serious note Karnataka has better MSO's than D2h. Many neighbors here have D2h dish on their roofs and i was shocked to see it. After visiting their homes realised they have disconnected and moved on to cable.
I don't think so
What Were they missing
Few people moved out
It doesn't means dth fault
Many other reasons r there
Still dishd2h world 2nd dth having active customers

I don't think so
What Were they missing
Few people moved out
It doesn't means dth fault
Many other reasons r there
Still dishd2h world 2nd dth having active customers
Is D2h providing more regional channels than cable? For example Kannada channels are a priority here and definitely cable has way more channels than d2h and they get way better service from their LCO than d2h. You can choose to stay with D2h but those who want good service and quick channel additions will move on.

Is D2h providing more regional channels than cable? For example Kannada channels are a priority here and definitely cable has way more channels than d2h and they get way better service from their LCO than d2h. You can choose to stay with D2h but those who want good service and quick channel additions will move on.
It's same with other dth also all have less kan channels
After trai cable is more costly i think

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock