Is Tata sky HD providing 7.1 dolby digital plus surround sound??

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score

Kindly reply if anyone has Home theatre set up with tata sky HD / tata sky + HD Box??

Currently Star Movies HD is repeatedly flashing Dolby digital plus on bottom left corner on Tata Sky HD... Anyone have checked 7.1 surround speaker with Tata sky HD?? :huh

Biswajit.HD said:

Kindly reply if anyone has Home theatre set up with tata sky HD / tata sky + HD Box??

Currently Star Movies HD is repeatedly flashing Dolby digital plus on bottom left corner on Tata Sky HD... Anyone have checked 7.1 surround speaker with Tata sky HD?? :huh

I have connected my LG 5.1 speaker surround sound system with Tata Sky+ HD STB. Taken the two cables from "Audio Out Jack" of STB to "Audio IN Jack" of LG system. Sound is coming in two large boxes but not on the two smaller boxes and the central box. Not sure what is the reason as when watching DVD on the LG system, sound comes in all 5 boxes. For Tata Sky sound, I have to set the mode in LG system as "Aux" and not in "DVD/CD" as when watching DVD. Is that the reason? Not sure. Although the sound experience is much better even with two boxes, but it still does not give the 5.1 experience....

Any help is welcome.

bsantanu said:
I have connected my LG 5.1 speaker surround sound system with Tata Sky+ HD STB. Taken the two cables from "Audio Out Jack" of STB to "Audio IN Jack" of LG system. Sound is coming in two large boxes but not on the two smaller boxes and the central box. Not sure what is the reason as when watching DVD on the LG system, sound comes in all 5 boxes. For Tata Sky sound, I have to set the mode in LG system as "Aux" and not in "DVD/CD" as when watching DVD. Is that the reason? Not sure. Although the sound experience is much better even with two boxes, but it still does not give the 5.1 experience....

Any help is welcome.

I have also connected sony 5.1 ch home theatre I am also facing same situation , i have set it in pro logic mode but sound only comes from centre & sometimes from front speakers

soorya_g said:
I confirm that it is in 6.1 (conncted to my Onkyo Reciever)
Hi soorya_g,

What exact model of Onkya receiver and speakers (5.1 or 7.1?) you have in your setup?

I am planning to get one for me, do you have any suggestions/recommendations?

Particularly I need a Receiver with Digital Audio In.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/recommendations.

TX-NR 609 U.S.Model.It is 7.1 But I have 5.1 setup only.
TX-NR 609 (7.1) is one of the best receivers in the range . SKW-770 Sub Woofer and SKC-680 speakers in bundle with HT-S7409 Onkyo home theater.
You can go for high end speakers if budget permits.
TX-NT 609 receiver has TWO digital optical inputs and 6HDMI inputs and 1 output.It is THX certified supports all modes of sounds like Dolby Gigital, Dolby D Plus, True HD, DTs, DTS Hd etc. You can connect the speakers for 2 ZOnes ( Zone 2 - two speakers)

Hi soorya_g,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. I think i have to do some more R&D. Also my budget shouldn't go beyond 40K. I feel like getting a HTS package vs getting receivers / speakers and sub woofers separately since i am not too technical.

I looked at onkyoindia website and found HT-S5500 and also it seems like these stuffs are bit costlier in India as compared to US and UK. I need to find out a reliable source for me to get one from US or UK.

Biswajit.HD said:

If we are using hdmi cable we will get 7.1 *
Set-top boxes equipped with HDMI 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 may output Dolby Digital Plus bit streams to A/V receivers equipped with Dolby Digital Plus.

If we are using optical or coaxial cable we will get 5.1
Dolby Digital Plus bitstreams, regardless of their source bit rate, are repackaged into a standard Dolby Digital format at 640 kbps. The conversion process does not decode the signal to PCM and re encode it, therefore avoiding the introduction of compounding coding artifacts.
If the source is of sufficient quality, the repackaged 640 kbps Dolby Digital stream enables better sound with legacy A/V receivers than standard Dolby Digital broadcast audio, which is limited to 448 kbps.

* at present no channels providing 7.1 dolby digital plus in india

So it can be upto 5.1 surround sound - with dolby digital plus codec

The Dolby Digital Plus codec extends the capabilities of Dolby Digital with improved encoding efficiency and flexibility to permit future channel expansion beyond 5.1 channels to 7.1-channel surround sound or more. The advanced compression capabilities of Dolby Digital Plus allows for more innovative features including mixing secondary audio services like director’s commentary and advanced services for the visually impaired. As part of the Dolby broadcast solution from content creation to final delivery, Dolby Digital Plus maintains compatibility with the millions of existing Dolby Digital home theaters worldwide. For stereo and surround sound for any H.264-based broadcast service, Dolby Digital Plus is the ideal choice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock