Is there a difference between RG6 black & RG6 white cable?

deemash

Reaction score
Recently I went to purchase RG6 cable at one shop. He showed me white color one which had airtel label on the pack.

I said I want black color. He said this is good cable and be used with Airtel but NOT with tata sky.. :O.

Is it true..On the cable there is a print Electroline Airtel STL RG6 MTL.Please advise frenz.

Currently, I have Airtel DTH and has black color cable running (concealed inside house), which is damged due to lightning. So I am going to replace it.

Can I use white color RG6 cable for any DTH?

The outer color of coaxial cable does not make any difference. Tata Sky tends to use RG59 as opposed to Airtel and other DTH operators who use RG6. Check out Wikipedia for more details. The Airtel cable showed to you is probably leftover packet sold by installation technicians to this shop. It is expected to be on par with well known brands like Polycab, Finolex etc.

In principle, you should be able to use RG59/RG6/RG11 of any color and make with any DTH setup.

Sorry! I called TS customer support and they said they are using RG6 cable. I find the RG59 cable is more expensive than other cables.

Yes tatasky uses rj59.
The outer color of coaxial cable does not make any difference. Tata Sky tends to use RG59 as opposed to Airtel and other DTH operators who use RG6. Check out Wikipedia for more details. The Airtel cable showed to you is probably leftover packet sold by installation technicians to this shop. It is expected to be on par with well known brands like Polycab, Finolex etc.

In principle, you should be able to use RG59/RG6/RG11 of any color and make with any DTH setup.

It seems to be more of a commercial choice than a technical one. Perhaps they got a better deal on RG59 for mass production.

Is there any quality difference??? As 59 is thinner and 6 is thicker

Is there any quality difference??? As 59 is thinner and 6 is thicker

RG6 cable is heavier gauge and has insulation and shielding tuned for high-bandwidth, high-frequency applications such as Internet, Cable TV, and Satellite TV signals. If you aren’t sure which cable to get, then RG6 cable is your best bet.
RG59 cable is thinner and is recommended in low bandwidth and lower frequency applications such as analog video and CCTV installations.

RG6 has better signal quality than 56 is what I understood. A good info is available here: What is the difference between RG59 and RG6?

The info I got from TS that they use RG6.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock