Discussion Is there a possibility of Olympics on Colors and IPL on Star Plus?

Do you guys think Sports can make it to GECs?

• Yes, as long as it's an hour long special.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
SxXMUYx.jpg

In America or any most of the other countries in the world. Broadcasters pride themselves when they get rights to biggest sporting events of the World. Some even like NBC puts Olympic rings to all it's local and national channels throughout the year. They air regular content on their sister channels while airing events like NFL, MLB, Olympics etc. Sports channels are there. But plays a secondary role.

Here in India things are way different. Apart from some one-off events. Sports don't make it to GECs. It airs sometimes on movie channels. I was expecting an hour of Olympics special on SET last summer. But that didn't happened.

Do you think we are gonna have sports pr sports special even on our GEC channels?

Will never happen the price they pay for the broadcast rights they have to recover it from somewhere and the only place they can for tv rights is from sports channels as they have the highest price in terms of channel pricing and ad rates. If they start telecasting sports in gec they will never recover the amount they spend on broadcast rights.

I for one would like to see whether Viacom make a profit from this year FIFA WC coz in my opinion they overspent on telecast rights now in order to recover the amount in digital method they are trying to give it for free so that all internet users will watch which means they can ask for high ad rates for JioCinema saying this many millions of users are watching it live in JioCinema. The number of users would have been less than quarter that if they had said only those who have voot/JioCinema subscription can watch it online. However whether this move is enough to get them profit for the World Cup remains to be seen

I remember Star, Sony, Sahara telecasting sports whereas other countries have limited viewers and country like India have vast audience watching different categories. Just look at ratings of Anupama and Live cricket event, both are doing well in their respective categories. No one gonna compromise for visa versa.

I remember Star, Sony, Sahara telecasting sports whereas other countries have limited viewers and country like India have vast audience watching different categories. Just look at ratings of Anupama and Live cricket event, both are doing well in their respective categories. No one gonna compromise for visa versa.
What did Sahara air?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock