Is There any way to Watch ICC T20 World Cup in 4K ?

In India Star sports launched 4K channel, but lack of 4K premium viewers and rivalry network Sony sleeps without launching 4K channel for IPL in those years main reasons to shutting down Star Sports 4K, if Sony Six launched 4K Channel Game changer in Sports Broadcasting Market.

In India Star sports launched 4K channel, but lack of 4K premium viewers and rivalry network Sony sleeps without launching 4K channel for IPL in those years main reasons to shutting down Star Sports 4K, if Sony Six launched 4K Channel Game changer in Sports Broadcasting Market.
Forget TV channel launching 4K stream on OTT is also not possible in current scenario.

So it's Sony faults Star didn't launch 4K channel? That illogical statement shows your hatred towards Sony and bias towards Star.

FYI, Sony Six did actually had a 4K service channel. I recall it airing Copa America Cup finals in the 4K in the year 2016. It was channel number 400 in Tata Sky which was removed in 2016.

Last edited:
So it's Sony faults Star didn't launch 4K channel? That illogical statement shows your hatred towards Sony and bias towards Star.
Yeah Star didn't Relaunch again 4K because lack of competition, once anyone launch everyone bet big on 4K. like Star Sports sequel channels revamp copied by Sony as Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 2, Sony Ten 3, Sony Ten 4.
Source

Source

Yeah Star didn't Relaunch again 4K because lack of competition, once anyone launch everyone bet big on 4K. like Star Sports sequel channels revamp copied by Sony as Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 2, Sony Ten 3, Sony Ten 4.
Source

Source
They were the first to launch a 4K sports channel. They didn't need competition back than to launch. Why would they need a competitor to continue? Thing is they couldn't afford to carry a channel. I don't blame as most of the viewers back than had letterbox TVs. Even now most people have FHD TVs. Whoever has 4K prefers to streams? This is why Star still launches SD only channel in 2022. It's best to stream sports content in 4K. Sony is already doing with Sony Liv does. I wonder what's stopping Star.

4K TV channels will come in the future. But it will be in digital form. It's a big headache for broadcaster. At first most viewers lacks hardware to carry such channels. I don't think cable operators will be willing to carry such channels. Second you got TRAI's regulations. No one's paying ₹400 - ₹500 for a TV channel. They can't monetise properly. It's best to use streaming platforms to push such channels. It's 5 years too late.

Meanwhile @Rd22 bro. It Star has to imitate others to be competitive. Sony and Viacom are transmitting SD channels in 16:9 since years. Even Zee has started doing same. Star is still behind.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock