Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 7,892
Prateek Marwadi said:
oh no bro! only 10-15 channels r missing which i can consider valuable n important.

10 to 15 important channels? But why are you relaxing your rules. ALL IMPORTANT channels should be added before getting into next level. If the 10th standard got 95% marks in all subjects and got 34% marks in only one subject, will you allow him to 11th standard?

Sadiq said:
10 to 15 important channels? But why are you relaxing your rules. ALL IMPORTANT channels should be added before getting into next level. If the 10th standard got 95% marks in all subjects and got 34% marks in only one subject, will you allow him to 11th standard?

i always said important channels. n i also said that i don't want remaining 400 - 450 sd channels. bro please don't quote me wrong. i still stand on what i said.

yes bro. govt. allows it now.:D:D:D

Prateek Marwadi said:
i always said important channels. n i also said that i don't want remaining 400 - 450 sd channels. bro please don't quote me wrong. i still stand on what i said.

yes bro. govt. allows it now.:D:D:D

We want government to allow it. I quoted your example only for you! I am not following your example. I am following my examples.

Having a cycle and buying a car directly instead of buying a motor bike.
Getting 4 wheeler licence without having two wheeler licence.

Sadiq said:
We want government to allow it. I quoted your example only for you! I am not following your example. I am following my examples.

Having a cycle and buying a car directly instead of buying a motor bike.
Getting 4 wheeler licence without having two wheeler licence.

:no:no:no please don't repeat same examples again to the same person:no:no:no
:D:D:D :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya

Omg! Pages and pages of argument just because 2 DTH added a single UHD channel / service? Simply put, we should be proud that India is among the few countries able to boast of the latest tech.

Space is an issue, but we should have the option of being able to cater to all segments of customers. I for one hardly watch any SD channel, so my requirement for more SD channels is NIL. More HD channels - yes, please more are required - but an UHD channel - wow! Go for it. It is a necessity for the people (may be small in number, but still a few thousand) who have invested in that 65" 4K TV.

As for failure of 3D, yes there is a lack of 3D broadcasts, but even now it is an accepted tech and most HD and UHD TVs sold today have the 3D facility. Lack of 3D content - there are hundreds of 3D Blu-Rays available in the market and I have a sizeable collection. For me 3D is great to have.

We should not halt the progress of technology. For one, investing in UHD tech also means that the DTH operator is now capable of HEVC compression. This means it can potentially migrate to HEVC for all SD and HD channels also saving half the TP space it is currently consuming. Thus greater capacity in existing TPs can be achieved. Which in turn means more SD and HD channels can be added as well!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock