Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 7,889

kmb1000

Reaction score
D2h has not learnt from it's past mistake by launching a 3D Channel which is totally a flop and hence they are giving it for free by repeating same show daily for months, so this itself shows the potential of the channel.

Coming back to if this is the right time to launch UHD channel?

According to me it a false move and looking at the current market analysis this will be definitely a big failure on d2h and TS.

They are only hyping this to make money, this is just another business strategy as in past they had hyped of launching 3D Channel and 3D HD STB which we all know was a super flop but d2h has earned a lot by fooling india.

Why?

India is not the advance and rich country in world, this is the fact compared to Japan, USA, UK, Australia, UAE, Swiss and few which I may be not recollecting now and even they don't have UHD channels when most of the population can afford easily.

Secondly, I agree that when HD channel was launched for the first time in India it was the same situation when all were saying its not a good move and very expensive.

But all are forgetting that when HD channel was launched their were more than 300+ SD channels available and all channels in each and every category was available in SD, So that was the right time to move ahead and fill up a new bucket when another was overflowing.

Today how many HD channels are available and in how many categories and language's?
Merely 40+ Approx HD Channels.

So I totally disagree and I know it's going to be a big flop and who all don't agree can refer to this tag and will remember my words which is the truth and I known truth is hard to digest until it's proved, so let the time do the talking.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, I go through this forum everyday but don't get enough time to write.

Thank you all.

Your points are true. But this time, unlike 3D, Tata Sky is also launching 4K.

@sadiq bro....

DID 4K Box have RECORDING facility

syam said:
@sadiq bro....

DID 4K Box have RECORDING facility

As per @Sandeep bro's thread My new 4kUHD d2h box there are two USB ports. So it should be there. But I want @Sandeep bro to confirm.

May be you can post the question over that thread!

Sadiq said:
Your points are true. But this time, unlike 3D, Tata Sky is also launching 4K.

i cudn't understand this. y everytime u said that. the thread starter clearly said that tata is also launching it but y u again write this.

n please give ur opinion whether it will be flop or not?

1. 3D Flops Because Most Of Us Don't Have 3D TV And I Think 3D Glasses Also Needs To View The Content, Moreover Lack Of Contents Viewers Didn't Shows Interest In It!

2. 4K Ultra HD:

Don't Under Estimate This When HD Channels Launched We Thought Same Thing And Now Also Feel This Won't Succeed But Reality Is Those Who Have 4K TVs Surely Will Grab These UHD Boxes But Will Take More Time To Reach

Prateek Marwadi said:
i cudn't understand this. y everytime u said that. the thread starter clearly said that tata is also launching it but y u again write this.

n please give ur opinion whether it will be flop or not?

What's the problem in writing this again? Since another player is following the same strategy the result can be anything. All depends on viewers. But I don't know about future and I can't judge the success or failure since I am not the only one.

Sadiq said:
What's the problem in writing this again? Since another player is following the same strategy the result can be anything. All depends on viewers. But I don't know about future and I can't judge the success or failure since I am not the only one.

bro thats y i asked ur opinion. heading of this thread is........ so atleast reply to it whether its right time or not.

wait in watch is the answer for this question, no one can judge the indian market. the future may be different when all the 4k TV which are costing in lacs may come down to the price of the regular FHD LED TV and hence people may look for the 4k content. There are number of technologies which came to the market and did not pick up, this may be one or may be a huge hit.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock