Seeking Help Is WiFi connection compulsory for binge+??

bhuvanbhatt

Reaction score
I am planning to buy new Tata sky binge Plus connection.
Please tell me e that Wi-Fi connection or broadband is compulsory to get the new connection

Guys, For God Sake Stop Posting MisGuding Information!

During 1st Installation WiFi Broadband Or WiFi Dongle Mandatory As Per Tata Sky SOP,

For Binge+ Installation They Will Have To Install All OTT Apps And Activate (Trial) Minimum 5 Of Them, Then Only Technician Will Be Able Finish Installation On Their Tata Sky App.

Convincing Technician For Installing On Hotspot Is Your Own Risk, Its Between You And Technician But 99% Of Them Won't Agree.

Only thing you need during first installation is, set top box id registration and activation which is done through technician by calling customer care (don't need WIFI for this) after that I have myself reset and setup Binge box without needing to connect to WIFI. You just need to click on SKIP on the setup page and directly go to page where it says SCAN click that and Select the default home transponder and you are good to go.

I have installed Tata sky binge plus connection without wifi broadband or dongle...Their excutive asked me about network,I told I have a mobile hotspot with more than 4 mbps speed...and done...

If you book a broadband connection from Tata Sky. They first install broadband than the Dish on next day. So it makes sense that they would be needing the wifi for completing the connection as they would be needing a high speed unlimited Internet connection. On top of that mobile internet would have limited amount of data. It might not be enough for OS update itself. I once was doing a Windows update. It took my whole daily data along with multiple booster packs to complete the download.

If you book a broadband connection from Tata Sky. They first install broadband than the Dish on next day. So it makes sense that they would be needing the wifi for completing the connection as they would be needing a high speed unlimited Internet connection. On top of that mobile internet would have limited amount of data. It might not be enough for OS update itself. I once was doing a Windows update. It took my whole daily data along with multiple booster packs to complete the download.
Afaik Updating OS of STB doesn't need any internet Data...Only sufficient signal from is enough...
On Binge plus internet either BB or mobile hotspot Data needed for OTT apps only...Maybe needed for updating Binge plus app..Don't know exactly how it works..
On more data
STB OS or OTT updates r in MB counts and not in GB..

Last edited:
Afaik Updating OS of STB doesn't need any internet Data...Only sufficient signal from is enough...
On Binge plus internet either BB or mobile hotspot Data needed for OTT apps only...Maybe needed for updating Binge plus app..Don't know exactly how it works..
On more data
STB OS or OTT updates r in MB counts and not in GB..

For Updating Android Internet Is Must On Binge+ Box, For Both System Update & App Update,

OTA Updates Not Available With Binge+ Box,

OTA Updates Available For HD & SD Boxes Only,,,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock