Issue with HD channels with Dolby Digital/+

• Thread starter PRK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 3,944

PRK

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a problem with all HD channels with Dolby audio. Tata Sky remote is useless in these channels to change volume. I have to use my TV remote to change volume. This is a hassle because then when I change channels again I have to set volume. Does any one know solution for this

Xprkx said:
I have a problem with all HD channels with Dolby audio. Tata Sky remote is useless in these channels to change volume. I have to use my TV remote to change volume. This is a hassle because then when I change channels again I have to set volume. Does any one know solution for this

If you're just using TV audio, you don't need DD. So set your STB HDMI audio output to PCM in the settings. Then you can control volume with TS remote.

jdrocks said:
If you're just using TV audio, you don't need DD. So set your STB HDMI audio output to PCM in the settings. Then you can control volume with TS remote.

are you sure quality of sound will not change, my tv speakers give very good sound in this mode

Dolby digital plus will work only for those who connect home theatre systems thru optical out from Tata sky stb.am I right?

It is because your tv doesn't support Dolby sound...set pcm in sound setting

jdrocks said:

I tried it, my TV gives awesome sound on Dolby digital+ with effects. But when I change to PCM it is very dull :(

Xprkx said:
I tried it, my TV gives awesome sound on Dolby digital+ with effects. But when I change to PCM it is very dull :(

Same problem bro.. Sacrificing with pcm, you don't have universal remote? If yes then its easy to use both tv and stb with single remote..

Xprkx said:

OK, second option is if you have TS universal remote, programme the remote to control TV volume. Then you can set the STB at DD+ and use TS remote in univ mode to control TV volume.

kamalaravi said:
Dolby digital plus will work only for those who connect home theatre systems thru optical out from Tata sky stb.am I right?

No. Optical connection supports only upto DD 5.1 audio. For DD+, you need to use HDMI connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock